Communications and Marketing Officer
Communications and Marketing Officer
The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
To assist with the provision of an effective and efficient Communications and Marketing service and functions. To contribute as an integral member of the Communications and Marketing Section, as well as across departments and services, to develop and deliver effective and innovative external and internal Communications and Marketing strategies which supports the vision, values and strategic direction; and supports the Corporate, Directorate and Service business plans. To plan, manage and evaluate targeted Communications and Marketing campaigns to increase awareness and promote a positive image of all priorities, policies, services and events in the local, regional, national, professional and trade media.
Hours of work: 37hrs per week
- Applicants must have a degree level qualification in a relevant discipline ie Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Digital or Visual Communications
- At least 1 years proven experience working in a high volume, corporate communications environment with responsibility for:
- Brand Management - ensuring brand adherence and a consistent quality in all marketing collateral produced
- Managing the production of quality materials for print and online channels
- Developing and implementing integrated communications and marketing campaigns
- Managing media relations across print, online and broadcast media on local and national levels
- Effective use of social media across a number of platforms - including Facebook and Twitter and/.or other online communication channels to deliver positive outcomes for an organisation; whilst also effectively handling dynamic and fast moving social media issues as necessary
- Working closely with external suppliers (eg graphic design agencies, advertising agencies etc) to produce online and offline marketing collateral
- Delivering multiple projects on time and within budget
- If no qualification, then at least 2 years proven experience working in a high volume, corporate communications environment with responsibility for points 1-7 above
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and email
- Competent in the use of digital platforms including website for corporate communications
- Be available to undertake agile emergency and crisis communications work outside office hours ie evenings, weekends and Public Holidays
- Be available to travel and attend evening and other meetings outside of office hours as required
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have access to transport to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a mode of transport that will enable the post holder to fulfil the role in full (it should be noted that the post will involve travel across the district on a regular basis)
- Membership of a relevant professional body eg CIPR, CIM, Marketing Institute of Ireland, NCTJ
- Additional qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Digital or Visual Communications
Rate of Pay: £16.25 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.