Communications and PR Officer
Communications and PR Officer
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for a Communications and PR Officer on behalf of The Bar Library. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Support the Senior Policy and Communications Officer in the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan to enhance the public role and profile of the Bar of Northern Ireland within the media, the legal sector and the public at large through media relations, website, social media, e-newsletters, magazines and marketing collateral.
- Assist the Senior Policy and Communications Officer in the delivery of effective media and stakeholder engagement, including dealing with media enquiries and responding directly to journalists.
- Manage the provision of a timely and relevant media monitoring and evaluation service to the Chair, Bar Council and Senior Management team.
- Research legal issues and cases in order to draft articles, briefings and press releases for proactive placement as part of a planned programme of activity on behalf of the Bar across all media platforms.
- Develop and maintain contacts with key NI media contacts, ensuring the media database is kept up to date.
- Support the Bar Council, Bar Associations and members in participating in media and public relations activities, including provision of comprehensive briefing materials for assigned spokespeople.
- Provide media training and advice to members of the Bar Council, Associations, Executive teams and others.
- Support the Senior Policy and Communications Officer to devise, develop and evaluate a PR Crisis Management plan.
- Manage the design of promotional materials/ corporate publications and make recommendations to ensure that the Bar's brand is reinforced in the style and content of our communications.
- Contribute to the management of the Bar's website and other digital platforms, including the creation and presentation of engaging social media content.
- Take a lead role in internal communications, including developing and implementing plans to support/promote business activity.
- Produce and promote the Bar's weekly and monthly internal and external e-newsletters and publications.
- Provide support to the Senior Policy and Communications Officer and contribute to the work of the team in the delivery of the Bar's public affairs activity as required.
- Support the Bar Council and Associations in developing its work in Corporate Social Responsibility as a means of raising and promoting the role and profile of the Bar of Northern Ireland.
Essential - Knowledge and Experience
Educated to degree level (2:1 or above) in a related discipline, such as communications, marketing, public relations, event management, law. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint.
Prior experience of working in a communication related role, such as public relations, digital communications or journalism. To include 2 years previous experience, gained within the last five years, of:
- implementing strategic communications plans both internally and externally
- developing media strategies and running projects/campaigns
- promoting an organisation's public profile
- production of media materials, such as press releases, web content, reports and speeches
- management of in-house style/branding and production of publications
- using email marketing platforms
- maintaining a website and updating content
- social media strategy
Essential - Skills/Competencies
- Articulate, able to express ideas and information clearly and concisely, including an ability to read and understand legal issues and explain in media friendly terms.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Effective interpersonal skills and able to deal confidently with people at all levels
- An ability to work on own initiative as well as contributing to the wider projects/priorities of the team
- Resilient under pressure and able to prioritise conflicting deadlines with strong organisational and planning skills.
- Able to respond swiftly to changing demands
- Experience of using digital design software
- Experience of public affairs work
- Awareness of the administration of justice in Northern Ireland
The successful Communications and PR Officer will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Communications and PR Officer role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.