Staffline are currently recruiting for our client, who have been providing telecoms & data network services to businesses & organisations, both large & small for over 40 years.
Due to continuous growth a Communications Engineer is required as soon as possible on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will report into the lead engineer. This is a busy role with an enthusiastic, energetic and forward-thinking business offering a starting salary of £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience and knowledge.
- Responsible for the installation and support of the equipment at customer's premises to ensure effective service within agreed time scales and to the standards required by the company.
- Ensure the appropriate level of liaison between accredited partners, sales and customers is delivered to maintain an efficient and effective service.
- Provide consultancy and appropriate advice and support to customers as required.
- Establish and maintain effective communication between Atlas Communications NI Ltd and third party network service providers as required.
- Ensure that customers receive the correct product to meet their specific requirements.
- Plan and co-ordinate effective training ensuring the customer has a sound understanding of the product and the benefits it can offer.
- Plan and organise travel and accommodation requirements to customer sites in accordance with the procedures required by the company.
- Identify and develop the required level of interpersonal and presentation skill sets, building trust and confidence to ensure effective site visits.
- Complete the required documentation and reporting in respect of the installation, configuration and commissioning of equipment as required.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction in respect of all aspects of work carried out.
- Ensure personal time management reports are completed within agreed time frames.
- Responsible as required for the provision of office based technical support internally and externally.
- Responsible as required for onsite maintenance.
- Ensure all issues are dealt with as quickly as is practicable and to report to your Manager any issues that may arise from specific faults.
- To be responsible for the planning, preparation and presentation of internal and external training courses as required by the Support Manager.
- To be part of the 24-hour call out rota as required. Making yourself available to assist other engineers where appropriate.
(Oncall rota is approx 1 week in 4 or 5 at present. Theres a payment of £160 for being on call and available for the week and then an additional payment if actually called out based on time spent dealing with the callout.)
- Current Telephony Manufacturer Certifications
- Mitel Enterprise Solutions
- Cisco Enterprise Solutions
- Avaya Enterprise Solutions
- JNCIA and/or Cisco CCNA
- SIP certification or relevant experience
- Microsoft certifications or equivalent experience.
- VMware and Linux
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 5 years' experience within an enterprise telephony communications engineering/IT Field based role.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully receive technical training, subsequently deploying the imparted knowledge to best advantage.
- Evidence of ability to investigate issues, analyse and present options for achieving resolution.
- Understanding of LAN / WAN solutions
- Experience of working with Mitel enterprise telephony portfolio of IP Telephony solutions or equivalent.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Benjamin Martin at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.