Staffline Ireland are recruiting on behalf of a leading energy company for a Communications Manager. The Communications Manager will add value to the business by providing a comprehensive and cost-effective communications service, encompassing, internal and external communications PR and community relations, operating both in support and as a driver to the meeting of the Company objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive public relations strategy working across the group to identify the most suitable communication methods which assists the meeting of business objectives, opportunities, or targets within Company guidelines.
- Lead the business's Responsible Business Programme that seeks to deliver across the four core pillars of the 'LIFE' programme, to include the annual publication of a Responsible Business Report.
- Develop an internal Communications Strategy which supports the overall mission and vision of the organisation to support wider Health Life and wellbeing programmes.
- Develop an external Communications Strategy which engages with key stakeholders to further the reputation and standing of the Company to include a Stakeholder Engagement Strategy.
- Lead the operation of an effective press and PR office including management of third parties to respond to the needs of the business on a 365 basis.
- Manage crisis PR issues and the risk to the company.
- Measure and monitor performance of the department against targets and provide timely and regular reports demonstrating how the Communications and Corporate Affairs strategies are being delivered within the agreed budget.
- Arrange, organise exhibition displays, and major launch activities as required in order to support and develop the marketing strategy, whilst being cost effective, ensure the exhibitions promote the desired company image and achieve the appropriate business results.
- Assist where appropriate in the development of the company marketing strategy with specific reference to providing a coordinated approach to maximising publicity and public relations coverage from relevant marketing activities.
- Co-ordinate, control and monitor Communications and Corporate Affairs expenditure to ensure that the overall budget is maintained within budgetary constraints.
- Support the development of the Energy for Children Charitable Trust through support on Fundraising and publicity relating to the work of the Trust.
- Provide the business with a sound link into communities and educational groups and deliver business objectives in these vital areas working with relevant partnership organisations.
- Support the collection and maintenance of the company's corporate database ensuring that the database is compliant with current GDPR requirements.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Degree/Equivalent in marketing, communications, public relations or related business discipline.
- 3 years' experience in handling of relevant corporate affairs type activities.
- Experience of effectively communicating with a broad spectrum of stakeholders to include business, community, and political stakeholders.
- Experience of budget management and the delivery of cost-effective communication solutions.
- Highly focused and results driven.
- Experience of working in a small flexible marketing/communications department.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
The successful Communications Manager will enjoy a competitive salary circa £32,000 - 35,000 depending on experience plus bonus.
The Communications Manager role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.