Communications Officer - Magherafelt - Maternity Leave - 37hpw - £13.21ph
Purpose and Function of Post
The post holder will play a key role in assisting, supporting, delivering, monitoring and evaluating a wide range of marketing and communications projects.
Principal Duties and Tasks Performed:
- To develop effective written marketing and communications materials, including news releases, speeches and print and digital content.
- To contribute to the development and management of a range of communication and engagement channels, including digital platforms, using the most appropriate channels and channel mixes to position the Council and its services positively and with reference to Council brand guidelines.
- To assist in the delivery of a proactive media relations service.
- To work with internal service delivery teams team to market initiatives, programmes and facilities effectively to appropriately target audiences and ensure consistency of brand and messaging through all channels.
- To provide support in the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of marketing and communications activities, integrated campaigns, programmes and events.
- To assist in customer journey and satisfaction development initiatives, assisting with market research campaigns, audience insight, and the development of appropriate tactics to contribute to seamless customer journeys within Council owned and managed facilities.
- To work as part of a team to ensure projects achieve the required outcomes and that delivery is within timescales ensuring efficient financial management of all budgets.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of effective internal communications systems and activity to ensure staff are engaged at all levels.
- To assist in the delivery against agreed corporate and service-specific marketing and communications objectives and targets.
- Any other duties relevant to the delivery of services which may be allocated from time to time by the Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications / Experience (Essential)
Applicants must have as a minimum:
- 3rd level qualification (HNC/D) or equivalent in a relevant discipline e.g. communications, marketing or public relations
Have 3 years' experience in a communications/marketing role.
1.2 Experience (Essential)
Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having at least 1
years' relevant experience in the following areas:
- Experience in core marketing and communications activities (e.g. marketing and communications planning and delivery, media relations, media buying, digital marketing);
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Power Point) or similar packages.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and a vehicle available for official business, or have access to a form of transport which enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full1.
1Please be advised that this alternative is a "reasonable adjustment" specifically for applicants with disabilities who, as a result of their disability, are unable to hold a full, current driving licence.