To ensure NIEL website and social media are maintained and further developed. To support other staff in their work where information is a key output (i.e. Climate Northern Ireland). To assist with the preparation, promotion and administration of events.
NIEL website maintenance
- Build upon new NIEL online resources - Policy Hub, Assembly News.
- Maintain and further develop new sections of NIEL website - add content to Assembly News and Policy Hub to keep it up-to-date. Address glitches and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain website and revise existing content.
- Update website with news items, active consultations, publications etc. on a daily basis.
- Daily updates to website.
- Liaise with developer on technical/design issues which cannot be resolved in-house.
NIEL social media
- Daily updates to NIEL social media.
- Further develop NIEL social media (Facebook and Twitter). Gain more followers by having relevant, informative, regular updates.
- Keep members (and prospective members) informed of NIEL's activities, government press releases, breaking news and other notable developments within the environmental NGO sector.
Support for Other Projects
- Promote other Projects and their activities through social media and website.
- Update website with news items, upcoming events, publications etc. on a daily basis.
- Assist project delivery through event support, reports and publications and other activities as required.
- Preparation and design of in-house documents and reports
- Preparation of briefs for external design of publications
- Liaison with design companies
- Support events - preparation, promotion, administration, note-taking etc.
- Assist in the preparation, promotion and administration of events.
- Use internet resources to publicise and promote events - via social media, e-mail and website.
- Working with members to gather info for the website and social media.
- Assist in the promotion of membership.
- To carry out other duties which may be required to assist with delivering the organisation's objectives.