Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Communications Officer for a leading energy supplier. As the Communications Officer you will play a key role in the team and will be expected to perform a full and comprehensive internal and / or external communication service dependant on changes business needs. The Communications Officer will work on both operational and strategic projects to support the delivery of the Communications team's key objectives across a range of communication strands.
- Support internal communications activity to increase staff engagement by promoting and supporting a culture of dialogue across the company.
- Editing the monthly internal briefing magazine.
- Sourcing and copy writing internal 'value-based' stories for the intranet and company publications.
- Supporting online communications, including website and social media channels.
- Supporting the delivery of effective proactive and reactive PR campaigns that align with the overall corporate communications plan ensuring increased positive brand awareness is a key focus.
- Support with the creation of compelling, engaging statements for external channels - including press releases and editorials for print media, press statements, brochure copy etc.
- Supporting with the creation of digital content on website and intranet.
- Supporting the management of media and press activity, acting as a point of contact for media enquiries.
- Supporting the development of effective relationships with local and regional media and responding to media requests.
- Working with the broader team to continually improve the information provided to customers and stakeholders.
- Supporting the development and production of marketing collateral such as brochures, leaflets, reports, branded collateral, corporate photography / videography etc. - including drafting copy and management of design, print and photography as required.
- Liaising with and managing external contractors such as photographers, graphic designers and contractors for a number of annual internal and external events.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with business units to ensure reactive, proactive and topical stories are being issued to the media in a timely fashion.
- Monitoring and providing a monthly report on print, broadcast and online coverage and keep a watching brief on stories developing in the wider utilities sector.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- 3 years' experience working in a communications or equivalent role
- Educated to degree level in a related subject area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including copywriting proof -reading and presenting
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage timelines, resources and processes
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders in a dynamic and changing environment
- Team player and solution orientated, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership skills, with clear evidence of effectively motivating teams and driving positive collaborations
- Ability to manage schedules, deliver to deadlines and prioritise workload
- An excellent understanding of the media on a local and national level
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet work deadlines
- Commercially astute with the ability to apply analytical and budget management skills
- Have access to a vehicle which can be used for business travel throughout NI
- Previous experience of working in a regulated business or similar sector
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Media trained with the ability to present clearly to a range of audiences that inspire confidence, trust and respect
The successful Communications Officer will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Communications Officer role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.