Communications Officer (DP Grade)
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Communications Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 5 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00pr hour
13+ week's £19.76pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- developing communication strategies
- stakeholder mapping and engagement
- involvement in media campaigns
- stakeholder/client management
- (preferred experience: knowledge of mental health issues and interventions)
- The Mental Health Champion's Office has recently been established by DoH and hosted by the Patient Client Council. DoH initially agreed to provide staffing for the office by way of secondments of internal DoH staff (for nine to twelve months until a permanent Mental Health Champion is appointed). While DoH were able to fill other posts internally, there were no applications for the Communications Officer role.
- The Communications Officer (originally pitched at DP level by DoH) is considered a vital post for the Mental Health Champion's Office. DoH have confirmed that they are not in a position to recruit for the role again (they initially were going to extend this to a NICS wide opportunity but the time involved in filling the post in this way makes it impractical) and suggested that we go to the host organisation, PCC, to have this role filled by way of recruitment agency staff. PCC have advised that the MOU in place for hosting the office of the MHC stated that recruitment would be led by DoH.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**