Communications Officer (EO2)
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Communications Officer (EO2) to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.87 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: Mon - Fri (8.30am - 5.00pm)
The post holder will be responsible for assisting with the implementing Sport Northern Ireland's communication strategies and plans and will also provide support in all areas of communications, design and print, public and media relations, advertising and social media campaigns.
- One year's demonstrable full time (or equivalent part-time) experience as a practitioner assisting in communications, public relations or similar communications discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of responsibility for assisting with developing or implementing communication and engagement plans and strategies.
- Demonstrable experience of responsibility for assisting with coordinating events and managing media relations.
- Demonstrable experience of creating social media in a professional context.
- Demonstrable experience of monitoring or analysing data analytics.
- Demonstrable experience of product development for communication and engagement purposes.
- Demonstrable experience of assisting with contract management.
- Experience of design packages such as Photoshop and InDesign, and web development using WordPress. Competent in the use of other IT, in particular MS Office packages.
- Communication and engagement plans and strategies: To assist in the delivery of costed communication and engagement strategies and plans for programme areas and campaigns, aligned to key corporate messages.
- Coordinating events and live lines: To assist in the coordination an event priority planner, social media planner and live lines for each programme area, for escalation to the Executive Team, the Board, the Department for Communities and the National Lottery.
- To assist with the identification, planning and organising of attendance of CEO, Chair and Board Members, and key representatives at priority events, announcements or visits. To provide briefings and speeches as required.
- Data analytics reporting: To monitor and report on data analytics and assist with the evaluation of media campaigns; to inform programme communication and engagement strategies and media campaigns as part of organisational learning. To report to programme and project managers, Executive Team and Board.
- Media relations: To proactively assist with the management of positive media relations; including press, radio, TV and online channels, providing effective briefings for Sport NI representatives and managing good relationships with all parties. To proactively organise all media coverage of priority events, release of reports and evaluations, announcements or visits to optimise engagement with target audiences.
- Social media content management: To proactively manage the messaging and content of social media to optimise the Sport NI brand and engagement with the sector e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.
- Liaison and coordination with key partners: To liaise with the Department of Communities and the National Lottery Promotions Unit, Councils and Community Planning Partnerships, Governing Bodies of Sport; to comply with contractual terms, branding requirements, optimising key strategic messaging.
- Design and print contract monitoring and management: To assist with the monitoring and management of the design and print contract effectively and ensuring that branding and signage and strategic messaging complies and aligns.
- Communications product development: To contribute to the development of a repository of products to support corporate campaigns, programme communication and engagement strategies, including filmed case studies, short films, infographics, animated video.
Full job description is available on request.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland