Communications Specialist - Semi State Body
At Staffline Recruitment we have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Communications Specialist to join a growing and progressive Semi State Body with Dublin City Centre offices.
The purpose of this permanent position will be to provide support to a dynamic PR team in delivering on an ambitious and innovative programme of communication. The successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for the organisation's external communications that includes media, public affairs, marketing and branding, social and digital media.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the overall delivery of the corporate strategy and grow the reputation of the organisation across the island of Ireland by providing general communications and project support for the PR team
- Develop and run project trackers capturing the work of the team and predicting future demand
- Identify and escalate PR programme and operational risks to ensure programme targets are met
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures for the team to better enable coordinated and streamlined delivery of objectives
- Establish and maintain a repository of key documentation and external communication
- Develop and draft internal reports, dashboards and contributions for regular updating to the senior leadership team
- Support the team in managing budgets, accruals, invoicing and payments and tender requirements
- Provide information and comments to public representatives, stakeholders, media and the public regarding company activities and projects
- Support the online and print media monitoring process and for providing the key media monitoring services of external sources such as editing and producing of the daily news briefings for internal partners
- Work closely with the Head of PR to support the efficient running of a busy Communications team
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years communications experience supporting busy project teams
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in the energy or utility sectors will be highly desirable
- Excellent organisational, writing, editing, budgeting and communications skills
- Highly organised planning and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced level in PowerPoint, Excel and Word, SharePoint
- Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative but be a core team player
This position will offer a salary in region of €40,000 - €45,000 depending on experience. To be considered, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information or a discussion in confidence, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.