The Client: Local Public organisation based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for the continuous availability of the organisations mobilising and communication systems, and the equipment for the deployment and control of resources.
* To provide a Station End Installation service, including; installing the power supply unit, back-up batteries, fire coder and associated equipment, alerter equipment, modems and associated interface and peripheral equipment, cabling and connections.
* To provide a fault and repair service for all communications equipment including mobilising comms, data transmission, computers, vehicles, antennae, breathing apparatus and Command Support Units. This service will be provided locally, in transit or by 'benchwork' within the Comms Workshop.
* To ensure, in liaison with service providers and RCC/Ops Comms, that the data transmission links between the main mobilising computers and remote sites are operational and maintained in good order at all times.
* To provide a vehicle installation service for all vehicles including new appliances. This includes the connection of all mobile data systems, chargers and hands-free telephony kits.
* To deliver the pre-planned standard maintenance programme for the inspection, testing and repair of power supply systems and back-ups; comms equipment and electrical equipment.
* To deliver maintenance, repair and replacement programmes for Retained pagers, including issuing, testing, conducting coverage checks and carrying out appropriate analysis and reporting.
* To provide an out-of-hours standby and operational support service in accordance with agreed organisation policy, including attending major operational incidents, providing technical support and advice, driving vehicles and dealing effectively with critical equipment or systems failures
Hours of work: 36.25 hours, Monday- Friday, 9.00am- 5.00pm.
1. Either: Possess an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, Plus:- A minimum of three years' practical experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic and communications equipment, in particular, equipment based on an 'open systems' technology.
Or:- Possess an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, Plus:- A minimum of four years' practical experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic and communications equipment, in particular, equipment based on an 'open systems' technology.
Or:- Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths, Plus:- A minimum of five years' practical experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic and communications equipment, in particular, equipment based on an 'open systems' technology.
2. Possess experience of working with auto-electrics, including the installation, maintenance and repair of hands-free telephony equipment.
3. Possess a full, current UK driving licence category B which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the role.
4. Working knowledge of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
5. Can demonstrate:
a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member;
b) working to demanding deadlines, working accurately and calmly under pressure and adapting to changing circumstances.
c) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
d) a customer service orientation.
* Rates of pay £12.86 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.