Community Centre Assistant Supervisor (Part-time)
Temporary Community Centre Assistant Supervisor required for a large public sector client based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £9.81 per hour
Location: Braniel Community Centre
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To respond appropriately to routine enquiries from community groups or the general public
- To assist with the completion of booking forms, issue copies of the "Conditions of Hire" and maintain a desk diary of booking requests and approvals
- To issue receipts for booking money and collect and keep secure all cash received (including telephone).
- To prepare and lodge monies as required and comply with section policy on handling money
- To assist with the completion and submission of all necessary documentation, reports and official returns adhering to stated deadlines
- To set out equipment and furniture as required for booking and to take all reasonable steps to ensure that equipment and furniture is properly cared for and the risk of damage or theft is minimised
- To act as key holder responsible for opening and closing of the centre
- To make all Health and Safety checks including Fire Log Procedures
- To assist with the receipt, safe storage and economical use of all supplies and materials
- To use appropriate emergency contact procedures during or outside office hours
- To report major repairs or defects on the premises directly to the appropriate section
- To assist with carrying out minor repairs to preserve the maintenance and appearance of the premises, furniture and equipment
- To assist with the removal of graffiti and debris from around the outside of the premises to preserve the appearance of the building and maintain a tidy site
- To use all industrial and powered cleaning equipment and chemicals in accordance with manufacturers' guidelines and health and safety regulations
- To assist the supervisors in compiling and maintaining appropriate cleaning rotas and administration records
- To contribute to a teamwork approach within the centre, to ensure delivery of the Community Support Plan and corporate priorities
- To assist with hospitality arrangements as relevant
- Be able to demonstrate relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- the operation of facilities, that is, health and safety procedures, cleaning and maintenance and associated administrative duties; and
- dealing with members of the public
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.