Rate of Pay: £10.01
Location: Morton Community Centre
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Community Development Officer for the supervision of access to the centre and its environs, to respond to requests from the public and to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and the good appearance of the building and its environs. To ensure accurate and timely production of all necessary documentation, reports and official returns. To act as a main key-holder.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To respond appropriately to routine enquiries from community groups or the general public whether by telephone, electronic means or in person.
- To issue and ensure the completion of booking forms, issue copies of the "Conditions of Hire" and maintain a desk diary of booking requests and approvals. This includes the special procedures associated with one-off bookings and events involving the consumption of alcohol.
- To issue receipts for booking money and collect and keep secure all cash received (including telephone). To prepare and lodge monies as required and comply with section policy on handling money.
- To complete and submit all necessary documentation, reports and official returns as required, adhering to stated deadlines where appropriate in accordance with section and client policy.
- To set out equipment and furniture as required for booking and to take all reasonable steps to ensure that equipment and furniture is properly cared for and the risk of damage or theft is minimised.
- To act as key holder responsible for opening and closing of the centre, controlling access to all parts of the building and responding to "call-outs" as and when available.
- To make all health and safety checks including PAT certification for equipment brought in by external contractors, Fire Log Procedures and take appropriate action.
- To receive, ensure safe storage, adequate stock and economical use of all supplies and materials. To compile and maintain inventories in accordance with client
- policy and procedures.
- To use appropriate emergency contact procedures during or outside office hours.
- To report major repairs or defects on the premises directly to the appropriate section with follow up requisitions and orders as required.
- To carry out minor repairs to preserve the maintenance and appearance of the premises, furniture and equipment.
- To set up and test new items of equipment and furniture to ensure proper operation, preserving associated literature.
- To remove graffiti and debris from around the outside of the premises to preserve the appearance of the building and maintain a tidy site.
- Use all industrial or powered cleaning equipment and chemicals in accordance with manufacturers' guidelines and health and safety regulations.
- To ensure that all areas of the centre are kept in a clean and hygienic condition, including removal of litter, preparation, cleaning and dusting of all floor and wall surfaces, equipment and furniture, with particular attention to hygienic requirements in kitchen and toilet areas.
Applicants must have at least six months' relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- operation of facilities ideally in a supervisory capacity, that is, health and safety procedures, cleaning and maintenance and associated administrative duties; and
- dealing with members of the public.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.