Community Centre Supervisor
Temporary Community Centre Supervisors required for a large public sector client based at various locations in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.01 per hour
Location: Various locations citywide
Hours: 18.5/37 hours per week
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To respond to routine enquiries from community groups or the general public whether by telephone, electronic means or in person
- To issue and ensure the completion of booking forms, issue copies of the "Conditions of Hire" and maintain a desk diary of booking requests and approvals
- To issue receipts for booking money and collect and keep secure all cash received (including telephone)
- To prepare and lodge monies as required and comply with section policy on handling money
- To complete and submit all necessary documentation, reports and official returns as required, adhering to stated deadlines where appropriate
- To set out equipment and furniture for bookings and to take all reasonable steps to ensure that equipment and furniture is properly cared for and the risk of damage or theft is minimised
- To act as key holder responsible for opening and closing of the centre, controlling access to all parts of the building and responding to "call-outs" as and when available
- To make all health and safety checks including PAT certification for equipment brought in by external contractors, Fire Log Procedures and take appropriate action
- To receive, ensure safe storage, adequate stock and economical use of all supplies and materials
- To compile and maintain inventories
- To use appropriate emergency contact procedures during or outside office hour
- To report major repairs or defects on the premises directly to the appropriate section with follow up requisitions and orders as required
- To remove graffiti and debris from around the outside of the premises to preserve the appearance of the building and maintain a tidy site
- To ensure that all areas of the centre are kept in a clean and hygienic condition, including removal of litter, preparation, cleaning and dusting of all floor and wall surfaces, equipment and furniture, with particular attention to hygienic requirements in kitchen and toilet areas.
- Use all industrial or powered cleaning equipment and chemicals in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and health and safety regulations
- To assist with any hospitality arrangements as relevant
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at least six months relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- operation of facilities ideally in a supervisory capacity, that is, health and safety procedures, cleaning and maintenance and associated administrative duties; and
- dealing with members of the public
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.