Community Development Officer
Our Client a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballycastle/Coleraine require a Community Development Officer to join their team.
Role : Community Development Officer
Location : Ballycastle/ Coleraine (Currently WFH until restrictions are lifted )
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.06 13 weeks + £15.78
Main Duties :
- To provide wide ranging support to ensure achievement of the aims and objectives contained within the Community Development Strategy and Action Plan.
- To carry out the day to day co-ordination and delivery of identified priority areas and associated programmes within the Community Development Strategy ensuring that all actions are fully implemented, results monitored and evaluated, maintaining effective, efficient service delivery.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A third level academic qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in one the following areas:
- Implementing community development initiatives.
- Managing community facilities.
- Providing support to voluntary and community sector organisations.
- Project management
Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 4 years relevant experience as outlined above.
A current full driving license valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and MEET ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link.