Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Community Planning Officer to join their team.
Role : Community Planning Officer
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £15.27 13 weeks + £17.06
Main Duties :
- To provide comprehensive support for the community planning process in the Causeway Coast and Glens District Council area which will include:
- Evidence Gathering and Learning - auditing and mapping existing information, needs, assets, plans and partnerships, with associated data analysis, in order to create a robust evidence based approach to community planning.
- Capacity Building and Culture Change - developing awareness of community planning and building capacity within Council and among other key stakeholders to encourage participation and engagement with the process.
- Consultation, Engagement and Communication - identifying the key partnerships and stakeholders needed to make community planning work and engaging effectively with these partners and stakeholders.
- Governance, Accountability and Performance - developing the processes and identifying the support mechanisms necessary to support community planning; establishing performance monitoring arrangements and reporting mechanisms against delivery of the community plan.
- Delivering the Community Plan - developing a long term vision and community plan for the Causeway Coast and Glens District Council area and developing/implementing appropriate delivery mechanisms to achieve the priorities of the Community Plan.
Full JD available on request
Essential Criteria :
- Minimum of two years relevant experience to include evidence of:
- Strategy/policy development work
- Partnership working with local communities
- Community engagement
- Research and data analysis
Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate four years relevant experience as outlined above.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills
- The ability to analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources and process into meaningful reports.
- Good organisational ability
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to set clear objectives and targets and plan, monitoring and review activities
- Political sensitivity and awareness.
- Hold a full current driving licence enabling them to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a form of transport that meets the needs of the post in full OR have access to a form of transport which enables the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full (this relates to any person who has declared they have a disability which debars them from driving.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.