Community Service Supervisor - East Belfast
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Community Service Supervisor to start ASAP for a duration of 5 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.50per hour
13+ week's £11.65per hour
Location: East Belfast
Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm (wed-sat) = 32hrs per week
Responsible for the day to day supervision of offenders working in groups under a Community Service Order.
Strong communication skills including listening;
The ability to motivate others to complete tasks to an agreed standard;
The ability to effectively supervise others through coaching, instruction and setting clear boundaries;
The competence to carry out tasks to a high standard in at least two of the following: gardening, painting and decorating, grounds maintenance, building and carpentry;
Awareness of good practice in relation to Health and Safety;
Have: -(vii) Use of a car which can carry a minimum of four passengers and equipment safely; and
(vi) A valid driving licence, which covers towing a trailer - category D1 on driving licence - or agree to attain Category D1 within the probationary period (training will be provided);(viii) A car with a tow bar fitted, or be willing to have one fitted.
- Represent the PBNI to the public and promote work of Community Service.
- Provide customer service. Ensure customer satisfaction, dealing with complaints appropriately
- Work as part of a team
- Immediate supervision and coaching of offenders subject to Community Service Orders
- Maintenance of accurate offender records
- Effective co-operation and liaison with the public/project host/placements
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Legislation
- Ordering and maintaining tools/supplies/ health and safety equipment
- Development of good working practices and training for offenders
- Transporting of offenders and equipment to work site
- Maintain standards of professional practice
- Maintain standards for security and confidentially of information
- Make best use of information technology
- Promote equality, diversity and Human Rights in working practices
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**