Community Service Supervisor - West Belfast
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Community Service Supervisor - West Belfast to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.72per hour (under review)
13+ week's £11.57per hour (under review)
Location: Belfast, BT11
Hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm (40) per week
- Strong communication skills including listening;
- The ability to motivate others to complete tasks to an agreed standard;
- The ability to effectively supervise others through coaching, instruction and setting clear boundaries;
- The competence to carry out tasks to a high standard in at least two of the following: gardening, painting and decorating, grounds maintenance, building and carpentry;
- Awareness of good practice in relation to Health and Safety;
- A valid driving licence, which covers towing a trailer - category D1 on driving licence - or agree to attain Category D1 (training will be provided)
- Use of a car which can carry a minimum of four passengers and equipment safely; and
Applicants must have:
A car with a tow bar fitted, or be willing to have one fitted.
- Work alongside, coach, supervise and motivate a group of offenders on community service work designated by the probation service officer.
- Undertake comprehensive inductions of clients on Community Service as required, including Health and Safety induction.
- Development of good working practices and training leading to an appropriate level of competence and standard of work by offenders.
- Ensuring adherence to work site guidelines and implement working regulations for community service workers as instructed by probation service officer.
- Maintenance of safe and productive working conditions on site in compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Visit sites/community placements as required to carry out Health and Safety checks /assessments and to oversee the quality and nature of work.
- Ensure community service workers are informed, instructed and where necessary, trained to use tools and equipment to achieve quality outcome for beneficiary with due regard to Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintenance of effective discipline and control over community service workers.
- Responsible for holding and/or issuing cash/tools/equipment/materials to offenders within guidelines and ordering and maintaining tools, supplies and health and safety equipment for job.
- Responsible for transporting offenders and/or tools/equipment to work sites in own vehicle and, if required, Board trailer as instructed. A tow bar may be fitted to the vehicle at PBNI expense if necessary.
- Advise probation service officer of problems or concerns relating to the task at hand, the sponsor or any of the community service workers.
- Responsible for maintenance of accurate offender records, (including electronic records as necessary) e.g. timesheets, record of progress, expense claims, and similar administrative records as well as filing of same. Maintain standards for security and confidentiality of information.
- Record and report all accidents, damage, theft or loss.
- Liaison with site owners and maintenance of harmonious relationships.
- Establish links as required with community organizations, canvassing them to provide placements for Community Service workers.
- Represent the Probation Board to the public, ensuring customer satisfaction and dealing with complaints appropriately. Work with PBNI Public Relations department to promote the work of Community Service to the public.
- Provision of first aid on site.
- Work in accordance with effective practice principles, adherence to national and service standards, and PBNI policy and procedures in all elements of work.
- Compliance with PBNI policies and procedures in respect of Finance systems, Accommodation and Supplies, Human Resources, IT Services and Information Management systems.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland