Community Services Programme Worker Level 1 & 2
Rate of Pay: £10.91 - £11.76 per hour
Location: Various Locations across Ards & North Down available
Hours: Part-time - various hours available
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
Work with range a of young people in play work settings in various locations across the Borough. Deliver quality play opportunities to children attending play clubs. Work with a range of staff & volunteers to programme and deliver play opportunities through a range of arts/crafts, games and informal educational activities.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in running sessions in accordance with the planned programme, supervising a small group activity satisfactorily including setting out and putting away equipment.
- To work within Council and statutory health and safety guidelines at all times, and to ensure safety, child protection and other standards are maintained.
- To participate in staff meetings/training sessions as appropriate.
- To comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with Council Policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
- To help develop a varied programme based on need, community development issues and ethos.
- When directed, to act as leader in charge for sessions where the Programme Co-ordinator is not present.
Applicants must have:
- A formal relevant qualification at NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (relevant subjects may include, for example, youth work, social care, childcare, play development etc.
- Recent relevant experience, knowledge and involvement in one or more areas of work. Areas may include:
- children and adults/parents
- young people
- special needs
- over 55s - arts & crafts
- women's or men's work
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@stafflinerecruit.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.