COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER
ACCOMMODATION & COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER ROLE
STARTING SALARY £19, 275 PER ANNUM
Appropriate Client Focused Outcomes
Ensure the needs of service users are effectively met - promoting independence through support, development and progression.
Provide support and advice to service users.
Undertake an assessment of a service users' needs and risk to ascertain intervention
Develop focused outcome-based support plans and risk management plans and
Liaise with external agencies where appropriate, to ensure co-ordination and
integration of services, and maximise opportunities.
Ensure the client is involved in and consulted on all aspects of their support where
Act as an advocate, providing support to and on behalf of clients; attend appeals or
tribunals; liaise with GPs, other healthcare professionals, statutory and voluntary
Contribute to the harmonious interaction with and between clients, dealing
appropriately with disruptive and/or abusive behaviour.
Establish and maintain at all times, professional and appropriate boundaries and
report any concerns to management.
Maintain confidentiality of information in line with organisational and legislative
- Performance management
- Effective monitoring of organisational resources
- Ensure Quality Assurance/ Continuous Improvement
- Ensure Health and Safety and Good Housekeeping Practices
- Promote Equal Opportunities
- Promote our clients aims and objectives
- Participate in the shift system
HOURS OF WORK
Rotational shift pattern (average 35 hours per week) including the
requirement to work evenings, weekends and waking nights.
Typically, the shift pattern is based on three 12.5 hour shifts (including breaks)
per week. However, this may vary from site to site and is subject to change based
on business needs.
Reasonable additional hours outside of this may be required to fulfil the
duties of this position.
Ability to demonstrate the core values of the Simon Community to include the
2. IT Skills - ability to use email, internet and databases to electronically record support
work (within SCNI we use a client recording system called OSKA but previous use of
this is not essential).
3. NISCC Registered (or willing to become registered if appointed) and willing to be
subject to Access NI checks. (Successful applicants must commence NISCC registration process prior to employment)
Six months' recent experience (either paid or voluntary) of directly supporting people
with complex and multiple needs within a residential or community setting gained
within the last three years. Complex needs include the following areas:
* Homelessness Prevention
* Substance Misuse
* Mental Health
* Young People
2. Experience of identifying support needs, including client specific risks and putting
plans in place to support those needs.
- Pension (auto enrolment) and Death in Service benefit of 2 x salary
- Health Shield Benefit - provides access to a range of valuable cash benefits and services, such as dental and optical care, physiotherapy, scanning facilities and 24-hour counselling and Advice Line (opportunity to upgrade and add family).
- Benenden Health - Private Health Care paid for by Simon Community which gives permanent employees access to 24/7 GP services, medical diagnostics, medical treatment, physiotherapy (option to add family and friends for an additional cost).
- Holidays - 25 days per year - increasing by 1 additional day per year of service up to a max of 30 days. Increase is effective from the 1st April each year, once a full year of service has been completed.
- Additionally, 12 customary holidays (normally Bank and Public Holidays) at normal basic pay rate. Bank & Public Holidays - paid at premium rates at time and a half and double time.
- Additional Hours - paid at time and a quarter.
- Other Benefits - occupational sick pay, enhanced maternity/paternity leave entitlement, career breaks (subject to 2 years' continuous service).
- Training - thorough accredited induction training and continued access to ongoing personal development.
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.