Competence Test Centre Manager
School of Nursing, Ulster University, Magee Campus
£42,000 - £52,000 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be working in partnership with Ulster University, recruiting for a Competence Test Centre Manager on a full-time basis situated at the School of Nursing, Magee Campus in Derry/Londonderry.
The post is offered on a six-month fixed term contract basis with the potential to become permanent
This is a rare opportunity for a highly experienced Nurse Manager wishing to move from a clinical setting to work with for a world class University, to provide leadership and management for the Competence Test Centre (CTC) to meet the requirements of the contract with the NMC, including line management of staff.
- To work in partnership with the NMC and the OSCE development/design partner in constructing, reviewing and deploying Part 2 of the NMC Test of Competence.
- To manage the delivery of the NMC Part 2 Test of Competence through leading the complement of staff within the Competence Test Centre and delivery on the contract KPIs.
- Be a visible, assertive and accessible figure who supports the CTC staff, ensuring contractual requirements are met
- To co-ordinate and lead the recruitment, development/education and support of examination staff employed within the test centre.
- Support the CTC officer and Faculty Accountant in the monitoring and use of delegated budgets, to ensure effective and efficient use of resources, assisting with variance analysis and completion of financial action plans as required, achieving financial targets.
- To work in partnership with the CTC Officer and the Faculty Accountant in order to manage delegated aspects of the CTC budget and financial aspects of the CTC in line with NMC contract and University requirements.
- To lead on the quality assurance and enhancement associated with the CTC in line with University processes and NMC contract, including overseeing management of appeals, complaints and external examiner matters.
- To strategically develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues inside and outside the University, other CTCs, NMC appointed agencies (e.g. ACER, AlphaPlus), employers and candidates undertaking the Test of Competence in order to meet the requirements of the NMC contract.
- Undertaking continual professional development and updating.
- Oversee CTC staff training and development and monitor ongoing CTC staff performance.
- Participate in NMC revalidation processes including supervision, reflective practice and self-evaluation to improve care and practice.
- Provide positive leadership, a caring supportive environment, always acting as an excellent role model for the CTC team.
- Promotes a culture of excellence, innovation and continuous improvement in the design and continuous review of OSCEs in partnership with design partners and other CTCs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders to deliver all services in a way which enhances multiagency working, professional integration and stakeholder involvement.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post and as required by the Head/Associate Head of School.
- Currently hold live registration as a first level nurse and/or midwife on the NMC live Register.
- A University degree or relevant professional qualification and worked for at least two years at senior management level or above.
- A minimum of five years post-registration experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience of teaching and assessing students on higher education courses and the use of simulated learning and assessment.
- Experience of leading and managing a team to achieve set objectives and staff performance
- Experience of working in a leadership role in a clinical or clinically related role, budget/financial management
- Knowledge of relevant/contemporary issues in nursing, including recruitment and retention.
- Evidence of leading in the application of standards, leading staff teams and participating in working groups and project teams
- Evidence of ability to take a leadership role in achievement of set objectives and the ability to prioritise workload and meet competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in creating and maintaining partnerships with external stakeholders, including Trusts/Agencies and governing bodies
- £42,000 - £52,000 per annum salary
- Excellent pension scheme
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.