Compliance Co-ordinator Role
We are recruiting for a Compliance co-ordinator to join the team for one of our clients based in Ballymena on a full-time permanent basis. The main role will be to assist the QSE Manager by supporting the compliance technician in implementing QSE standards to meet the Company's business needs and deliver safe and high-quality product.
The successful candidate will support in auditing functions throughout the sites Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental processes. The successful candidate will support in auditing to ensure best practice and good manufacturing processes are sustained throughout the business. Candidates will work closely alongside the compliance technician.
Main Functional Responsibilities:
- Monitor the adherence to RFT throughout the site, and support and advise all departments with CAPAs where appropriate, to include providing advice on suitable close out data.
- Assist where required with regards problem solving and participating in Continuous Improvement projects across all departments.
- Review risk assessments and update as necessary.
- Support in coordinating and/or delivering compliance training as required.
- In conjunction with the QSE Manager, carry out safety inspections on facilities, machinery & safety equipment.
- Monitor the completion of compliance actions and feedback to QSE Manager.
- Follow health and safety instructions provided and safeguard your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Ensure that all product is manufactured to customer specification alongside production.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant codes and practices, e.g., BRC, Customer Codes of Practice, ISO14001, and report on the same
- To ensure that the Right First Time procedures are followed and co-ordinate with regards to set up and quality standards
- Advise and assist on all matters affecting compliance throughout the production process, from raw material intake to finished foods standards.
- Provide training, coaching and support to all site functions on QSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure food safety and HACCP standards are always maintained and CAPA's complete where deviations have occurred.
- Monitor Waste processes and report any deviances from legal compliance.
- Monitor and advise in relation to waste levels during production, with the view to reduction where possible, to include product, utilities and energy.
- Assist in report development for Operations team, to include OEE, CTP, Utilities and analyse trends, to include data capture and submission.
- Provide support to departments during periods of annual leave. Candidate must be flexible with regards to working hours.
- Actively participate in all customers visits and site audits.
- Globeweigh support for line side testing
- Weekly fire alarm test
- Biannual fire drills on each shift
- Spill drills with all relevant operatives
- Complete internal audits and put actions in place for all deviations. These audits will include:
- GMP daily, weekly and of external areas.
- L3 daily hygiene, weekly hygiene on each line and monthly hygiene competency checks
- CCP competency audits
- Competency against SOPs
- Daily health and safety audits.
- Glass audits, daily weekly monthly and quarterly
- Monthly fabrication audits
- Hand wash temperature checks
- Stock Volumes of PPE, Micro and analytical lab supplies, chemicals and First Aid Supplies
- To support in auditing functions throughout the sites Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental processes to ensure best practice and good manufacturing processes are sustained throughout the business.
Skills and Attributes:
- Highly skilled and experienced in Health and Safety, Food Quality, Hygiene, Environmental Legislation/ Standards
- Able to implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Proactive approach, controls own workload and investigates potential problems, takes quick and effective action
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within them. Capable of working in a deadline driven environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver performance
- Min Level 2 Food Safety qualification
- Min Level 2 HACCP Qualification
- Experience in a Technical/Quality role within the food/drinks industry
- Previous Laboratory Experience and / or QA experience
- Recognised H & S qualification to IOSH standard or above - this will also be accepted if working towards.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal skills
- Negotiable depending on candidate experience and qualification
Hours of work:
- This role will be a rotational shift pattern (dayshift and nightshift)
- 2 weeks of days from Tuesday - Friday 8am to 6.30pm
- 2 weeks of nights from Monday - Thursday 6.30pm to 5am.
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.