Compliance Manager - Public Sector
Compliance Manager - Public Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we are sourcing for the position of Compliance Manager for a prominent Public Sector body head quartered in Dublin City Centre.
The Compliance Manager will contribute to, and be involved in influencing the strategic direction of the function and work collaboratively with a series of stakeholders e.g. Government Departments and across the organisaton's directorates as appropriate. There will be a focus on working collaboratively with colleagues as with ICT in the design and development of compliance/verification processes and supporting ICT systems. In particular they will work closely and in collaboration with the two existing Compliance Managers to ensure a smooth and efficient delivery of the compliance and verification functions
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement new procedures for compliance and verification inspections on any new funding streams
- Engage with ICT colleagues to develop compliance/verification functionality for new business, including input to BRSs, FRSs, UAT testing etc.
- Develop appropriate reports using risk analysis and exception reporting on a regular basis
- Collate, analyse and critically assess/comment on compliance and verification inspection data for specified periods for reporting
- Engage in the annual budgeting and work force planning processes
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the risk register including the assessment of the potential linkages which may be required with the overall Corporate risk register.
- Engage with the communications unit on an ongoing basis e.g. developing material for the annual report, updating website, etc
- Contributing to the compilation of Performance Delivery Agreements (PDA's), reporting on operational plans, etc.
- Proactively engage with external stakeholders as well as internally in the interest of encouraging shared learning and fostering collaborative relationships
- Developing quality improvement measures within compliance and verification processes on an ongoing basis to enhance customer service
- Collaborating and contributing to a series of improvement measures informed by an analysis of the evidenced based data
- Contributing and reporting to the relevant internal executive oversight committees
- Ensure the team is fit for purpose in competency and practice; that staff are valued and developing as employees and as representatives of the organisation in line with the strategic plan.
- Engage with performance management systems and encourage continuous professional development
- Positively lead, motivate and encourage the team whilst maintaining momentum and motivation under pressure
- Ensure that all staff adhere to standards and procedures
- Liaison with the Executive Director in relation to any significant issues as they arise.
- Any other duties within the general requirement of this job description which may be required from time to time
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Third level qualification to Level 8 or higher on the National Framework of Qualifications, or equivalent.
- Relevant management, process/procedure development, stakeholder engagement, and communication, experience
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret data, including financial data.
- Evidence of the production of high-quality reports and written materials
- Self-driven with a proven track record of achievement and ability to guarantee quality and accuracy
- Ability to work at differing levels of detail, both big picture concepts and complex detailed issues.
- Highly Proficient in use of MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint; Microsoft Dynamics CRM; SharePoint applications and portals.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with customers and colleagues to achieve success.
- A structured and organised approach with the ability to prioritise and manage workload under pressurised conditions
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to their work in fast paced demanding environment
- Is confident and approachable while processing the ability to be assertive as required
- Enthusiastic, pragmatic and motivated in their approach
This position will initially be offered as an 18 month contract, with a view to extension upon completion. A salary band in the region of €56,000 - €76,000 will be payable, depending on experience. To be considered, please send a copy of your cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information or to discuss in confidence, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.
Immediate interviews will be held for suitable candidates.