Compliance Manager / Accountant - Public Sector
Compliance Manager / Accountant / Public Sector
Staffline Recruitment Ireland is currently partnering with a Public Sector body to recruit a Compliance Manager to take up a maternity leave contract .This organisation manages funding programmes on behalf of a range of government departments and the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management of the compliance function to meet current and evolving business needs.
This organisation's head office is located in Dublin City Centre but due to the nature of this role, it is possible to work remotely and /or be based in any of this organisation's regional offices. Location should not be an issue if you are interested!
The post-holder will be expected to work interchangeably across a diverse range of business areas as they relate to funded organisations. A high degree of flexibility is expected, including the ability to significantly contribute to the wider management team, work autonomously and be solution focused.
- Assume responsibility for key elements of the management of the compliance function including but not limited to team management, service provider case management, and data collation/analysis.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of existing practices and procedures and implementing the appropriate improvements/changes as
- Collate and analyse data from all compliance visits with a view to providing critical assessment and proposals for rectifying issues
- Work collaboratively and engage proactively across the company in relation to the compliance function i.e. case management, risk cases,
- Develop annual performance delivery agreements (PDAs) which prioritise and define requirements and also assist in the planning and design of business
- Develop internal plans to ensure all agreed actions are documented, progressed, monitored and regularly reported
- Ensure all aspects of the performance delivery agreements are delivered on
- Contribute to the development of the compliance ICT system and working collaboratively with ICT colleagues in relation to
- Develop and maintain comprehensive policies and procedures manuals to a high
- Develop comprehensive training programmes and support materials and ensure all staff receive appropriate ongoing training and mentoring
- Keep abreast of all government requirements pertaining to the management of grant aid and public accountability requirements, as well as the evolving regulatory requirements i.e. Charites regulator,
- Develop appropriate reports using risk analysis and exception reporting on a monthly and ongoing basis
- Participate in and conduct ongoing reviews of the compliance function to monitor performance and identify any timely remedial action
- Conduct ongoing reviews of the format of visits, quality of reports etc. to identify any potential issues/improvements required. Recommend and implement the required
- Positively influence the team whilst maintaining momentum and motivation under
- Ensure that all staff adhere to prescribed standards and procedures
- Allocate work and ensure effective relationships in a team-working context
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant accountancy qualification / membership of recognised accountancy body
- Relevant Third Level (e.g. Degree or Masters) or equivalent qualification. An ability to demonstrate a commitment towards continuous professional development in key areas relevant to the role will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Prior Experience of managing staff
- Strong financial skills
- Self-driven with a proven track record of achievement and ability to guarantee quality and accuracy
- Evidence of the production of high quality reports and written materials
- Presentation skills and experience
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Drivers licence and provision of car for business purposes
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
A salary in the region of €55,668 - €76,476 will be payable for this role.