This not-for-profit financial co-operative have been providing a wide range of services to their members across Northern Ireland for the past 25 years.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with them to recruit a Compliance Officer to operate form their Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Compliance Officer to gain autonomy and with the firms compliance standards and oversight and to develop their career and gain experience in this niche, fast paced firm.
To ensure that the firm meets with all external compliance requirements, complying with all legislation and regulation that impacts on the organisation. To attend appropriate Committee meetings and Board meetings as required. To ensure the firm complies with all relevant policies and procedures and that these are reviewed regularly.
- To ensure the Senior Management Team is aware and advised on compliance issues which include legislation, regulations, relevant rules, standards and recommendations to best practice.
- To develop and manage compliance systems and controls, evidencing that the firms approach is member centric and assesses on-going effectiveness with the relevant regulation and legislation, and regulatory guidance.
- To maintain a watching brief over emerging regulation and to monitor the implementation of appropriate policies and procedures.
- To recommend and comment on policies, guidelines, rules and procedures for compliance issues with a member centric approach.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of all documentation, product terms, advertising, marketing materials and website information.
- To support both the Manager and CEO in building strong and durable relationships with the regulators and to help facilitate regulatory visits.
- To develop and manage the Compliance Monitoring Plan, taking into account forthcoming compliance issues and horizon scanning.
- To provide a monthly Compliance Report to both the Manager & CEO, on compliance monitoring activities as required and in line with the Compliance Plan.
- To maintain an accurate breach register and ensure all remedial work is completed.
- To ensure persons holding regulatory Senior Manager Functions are maintained and correctly filed with the regulator.
- Over 2 years' relevant experience in a similar role.
- Track record in financial compliance within a relevant business.
- Experience of service delivery with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a similar environment.
- Experience of broader mutual financial provision.
- Familiarity or experience of the wider sector.
- Competitive salary of £25,000 - £30,000.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.