Grafton Specialist Recruitment are recruiting for a Construction Buyer on behalf of a real estate investment and development company. The Construction Buyer will prepare accurate quantities and material schedules, competitively source and co-ordinate the supply of plant and materials required for various projects.
The Construction Buyer will manage pricing and trading agreements and quotations, ensuring your team deliver on time, meeting tight deadlines. Forecasting costs and estimates on a monthly basis along with regular cost reviews with the wider construction team will be essential in this role to work effectively.
- Negotiate with suppliers and building strong robust, long term relationships
- Produce, understand and maintain procurement schedules, raising Purchase Orders
- Support the site teams by ensuring materials are provided to the specification and programme for the project and contingencies in place where over runs occur
- Reporting monthly on costs, overruns, & predicted increases
- Being proactive with suppliers, subcontractors on price increases, material availability, delivery logistics, etc.
- Any other duties role may involve
- Experienced buyer with strong construction experience / Joinery background would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and mainland UK construction suppliers market
- Utilisation of online market for competitive prices
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time to meet deadlines whilst being well organised, resilient and motivated
- Excellent, communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Excellent budget control and cost analysis skills
- Thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management skills, working to tight deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Mechanical and electrical experience advantageous
The successful Construction Buyer will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Construction Buyer role will be based in Derry/Londonderry.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland