Contact Tracer Covid 19
Covid Contact Tracer
Temporary full time
As a Contact Tracer you will be providing support to a health department in the fight against COVID-19. The contact tracer is responsible for reaching out to people (contacts) who have been exposed to COVID-19 and providing health education and guidance to interrupt ongoing disease transmission.
Dialogue with contacts will be guided by standard protocols to obtain any symptom history and other relevant health information, provide instructions for self-quarantine, and make appropriate referrals to testing, clinical services, and other essential support services.
- A keen understanding of the need for patient confidentiality
- Previous contact tracing experience
- This position will require prioritization, prompt action, and attention to detail
- Contract tracers are required to follow all designated scripts and comply with policies and procedures provided by the health department
- Understanding of, and ability to explain in plain language, the medical terms associated with COVID-19 and principles of exposure, infection, infectious period, potentially infectious interactions, symptoms of disease, pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic infection, types of tests used to diagnose infection, and available prevention and control interventions (e.g., isolation/quarantine, social distancing, environmental surface cleaning).
- Excellent and tactful interpersonal skills and sensitivity
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com