Grafton are currently recruiting for a Band 5 Estates Contracts Officer to be based in Lisburn.
This is a 6 month initially post with the possibility of an extension, 37.5hrs per week Monday to Friday. Please apply via link below.
The post holder will be responsible for:
The day to day management and coordination of all minor community housing adaptations throughout the South Eastern Health Social Care Trust as requested by the Occupational Therapy Department. This will involve coordinating and liaising with Occupational Therapists, Clients and Contractors to ensure that a smooth and timely service is provided for clients.
Managing the installation and removal of equipment such as stair lifts, vertical through floor lifts, overhead tracking hoists or other adaptations such as hand rails and graduated steps.
Managing an Occupational Therapy Database and report to various departments on the progress of all active requests and installations. Pre-installation and post-installation surveys will also form part of this role for Quality Assurance purposes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Point of contact for all Occupational Therapists throughout the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust.
- Receive and process all of the Estates Requests for Occupational Therapy Adaptations forms and ensure that all are appropriately authorised.
- Liaise with Occupational Therapists, Clients and Contractors to arrange and attend site surveys.
- Carry out surveys at client's home using various measurement tools and equipment.
- Discuss feasibility of equipment installation and agree required approach with client.
- Produce drawings and diagrams using AutoCAD software and produce specification documents for work requested ensuring that the Building Regulations and the Regional Best Practice Guide are adhered to at all times.
- Produce official quotation documentation for pricing purposes and for advertisement on the Trust's approved electronic procurement website.
- Create projects, project teams and Invitation to Tenders (ITT) for advertisement on the Trust's approved electronic procurement website
- Monitor live quotation processes and respond to any queries that arise within the project deadline.
- Adhere at all times to the designated timescales applicable to the quotation process. This includes the timely evaluation and awarding of all quotation processes.
- Liaise with Occupational Therapists to agree source of funding for each installation and raise requisitions through the Trust's electronic procurement system.
- Coordinate with Occupational Therapists, Clients and Contractors to ensure that installations and removals occur in a smooth and timely manner.
- Manage workload, prioritise and adjust tasks carried out according to competing demands from various stakeholders.
- Ensure that the client folders are kept up to date on the Trust's Estates Server at all times.
Relevant experience is considered to be:
A good working knowledge of the current Building Regulations
Practical experience working within a Building or Engineering related discipline
Excellent communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full
Ability to work accurately and produce work of a high standard under pressure and to strict deadlines
Excellent administrative and organisational skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Working in a Health Care or similar environment
Knowledge and understanding of budgets
Knowledge of Procurement processes, preferably in the public sector
Health & Safety Training
Skills and Abilities
Willing to undertake training relevant to the role if required
Effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full
Ability to work accurately and produce work of a high standard
Ability to produce technical reports
Good problem solving skills
Degree in a Building or Engineering related subject AND a minimum of 1 years' relevant post qualification experience (*)
HNC / HND in a Building or Engineering related subject AND a minimum of 2 years' relevant post qualification experience (*)
NVQ3 (or equivalent) in a Building or Engineering related subject AND a minimum of 4 years' relevant post qualification experience.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Kim Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.