Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
SO2 Contracts Manager required on a temporary full-time basis based at Boucher Road, Belfast
Role: SO2 Contracts manager
Rate of Pay: £16.11
Location: Boucher Road, Belfast
Duration: At least 6 months
To play a vital role in the Service Support Directorate providing expertise, advice and support in the management of high value contracts and utilities' procurement and to carry out essential contract negotiations on behalf of the Business Unit Manager.
To contribute as a key member of the Service Support management team to ensure NIFRS operates effectively and legitimately and to provide an exemplary, customer focused service to support the values of NIFRS.
1. Play a vital role in the Service Support Directorate providing expertise, advice and support in the management of high value contracts and utilities' procurement and to carry out essential contract negotiations on behalf of the Business Manager.
2. Negotiate and manage a range of high value contracts (£1m+) with external providers to include but not limited to; Electricity and natural gas utilities Fuel management - Bulk, Forecourt & AdBlue BOC resupply of gases Rates & rent NI Water Heating oil Mobile phones.
3. Develop, establish and co-ordinate centralised mechanisms for the collection, maintenance and dissemination of consumption data for relevant contracts. Through extensive consultation, establish service user requirements.
4. Establish and maintain effective supplier and user relationships by serving as the organisation's primary point of contact for all relevant contractual matters.
5. Communicate contract-related information to all relevant stakeholders, according to requirements in terms of format and frequency.
6. Establish and manage effective and compliant systems of record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
7. Monitor and provide advice on the introduction of new contract law, regulations and trends to determine potential impact and to identify and mitigate against potential risks to the organisation.
8. Analyse all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and NIFRS policies and procedures
9. Provide contractual advice across the organisation, as required, in relation to contract-issue resolution.
10.Develop, design and implement robust governance processes and procedures for managing NIFRS service contracts.
11.Develop, design, implement and maintain robust governance processes for approval of payments in conjunction with NIFRS Finance Directorate for the provision of utilities including the ability to identify overspend, underspend, usage and confirming accuracy of bills.
12.Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion in the processes relating to contract specifications, bids, proposals and contractor negotiations.
13.Carry out all necessary consultation and research prior to developing contract specifications.
14.Provide up-to-date advice and support to managers in respect of contract specifications, bids, proposals and contractor negotiations.
15.Provide advice and support to managers with regard to contract procurement and management issues and ensure co-ordination and consistency of advice between departments and services through regular discussions and exchange of ideas and implementing good practice.
16.Develop, establish and maintain secure management information systems for NIFRS contract management and utilities' contracts.
17.Monitor all contracts within area of responsibility and plan and carry out the necessary actions to complete contract closure, extension or renewal as appropriate
18.Prepare business cases and tenders in accordance with financial and procurement regulations, policies, procedures and corporate timescales.
19.Ensure effective working relationships with key external stakeholders such as Health and Social Care Trusts, NIAS, BSO and CPD.
20.Support the delivery of business objectives through effective contract implementation.
21.Audit existing contracts and oversee discussions and agreement of contract modifications.
22.Undertake regular benchmarking analysis and monitor performance of contracts and contractors to ensure that these arrangements deliver 'Value for Money' for the organisation
23.Prepare detailed reports on the status of contracts, budgets and actual costs and consumption for NIFRS Senior Management.
24.Provide energy consumption data in an agreed format to the Facilities and Assets Department as required.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Possess a degree level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. business management, business studies, finance
2. Have at least 2 years' demonstrable experience of delivering effective contract management within a public or private sector organisation. Demonstrable experience of delivering effective contract management within a large and multifunctional environment in 2 of the following 4 areas:
i. High value contract negotiations & specifications (£1m+)
ii. Supplier relationship management
iii. Contract management procedure design & implementation
iv. Using IT solutions to deliver effective contract management
3. Can demonstrate:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Delivery of high quality work with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to advise and influence management.
- Working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines
- A strong customer orientation
4. Possess a full and current UK driving licence, or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the post.
1. Possess a relevant postgraduate qualification.
2. Have experience of managing utilities contracts.
3. Have experience of project management.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE-- THURSDAY 15TH APRIL 2021**