About the Role:
The Contracts Manager's role includes strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations and risk management. The candidate will act as the point of contact for the Client. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and requires strong people management of field and office teams.
- To fully understand the Tender Submission Document and the deliverables expected by the Client.
- Ensure all project milestones are met and that project deadlines are delivered.
- Lead and manage the entire Project Team, setting weekly agendas and individual targets for each team member.
- Provide detailed job descriptions for all employees clearly setting out specific roles and responsibilities.
- Assign KPI's to each position. Conduct staff appraisals, monitor and review performance. Oversee and manage all HR issues and recruitment process.
- Time Management - make best use of all employees' time by scheduling meetings which are worthwhile and measurable.
- Develop robust commercial strategies and implement were necessary.
- Report weekly to Operations Manager and Senior Management Team on progress and provide a description on why KPI's have/have not been achieved. Design an action list going forward.
- Ensure projects milestones are delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Deliver work outputs to meet the project requirements and to the satisfaction of the Client / MDE Senior Management Team.
- Constructively challenge processes and management decisions to bring about service improvements.
- Clearly articulate project requirements to all staff.
- Pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering processes at project and programme level.
- Take responsibility for the overall commercial performance of the entire project.
- Ensure that all processes and staff are operating at the maximum efficiency.
- Emphasise and highlight the aspects needed to achieve a fully coherent and efficient recruitment and selection process.
- Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Manage the work-stream of the programme.
- Complete resource planning for the project, recognising when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g. project onboarding and briefing).
- Support the design or development of solutions and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
- Lead Client interaction/calls/presentations.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the contract. Develop solutions to reduce risk.
- Continuous risk identification, risk evaluation, risk mitigation and contingency measure definition.
- Keep a risk register for the project to track the risks and issues identified.
- Develop a risk checklist, which is a guideline to identify risks based on the project life cycle phases.
- Applicants must have a good standard of education.
- Junior Cert / Leaving Cert (level 4 or 5), / GCSE in Maths & English.
- Fully qualified electrician with a minimum of 8 years + experience.
- Full 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Other electrical qualifications at JIB Standard or their equivalents.
- Relevant qualification in Health & Safety e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection are desirable.
- Knowledge of Electricity Industry, ideally Utilities Sector is desirable.
- A full valid clean EU/UK driving licence.
Skills and Competencies
- Significant experience in the Electrical industry / Utilities Sector, particularly infrastructure upgrades on domestic installations.
- Exemplary attitude to health, safety and wellbeing.
- Exceptional communication and coaching skills.
- Ensures deadlines and targets are met, understanding the impact of timescales to both the Client and business.
- Possess relevant skills for productivity management and the ability to identify improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills in order to effectively liaise with Installers, management and client stakeholders.
- Experience in producing RAMS & Tool Box talks.
- Good IT background with experience in cloud systems.
- Excellent attention to detail & strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
A competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be available to the successful candidate.
JOB CODE: DUNSL