Control and Automation Engineer
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Control and Automation Engineer to work with a very well know established organisation based in Cavan. This role is commutable from various areas.
Working as part of the Maintenance Service Centre Engineering team the successful candidate will have the responsibility for the design and installation of robust & world class automation systems, supporting the continued and sustained development and improvement of operating systems and production equipment.
The Control & Automation Engineer, working with Maintenance, Production, R&D/Technical and the IT department has the responsibility for the identification of automated process improvements across the production process, seeking solutions and designing, assisting with the installation and commissioning automated systems in accordance with the specifications.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Working on site Automation systems and continuous improvement initiatives to identify
- Liaise with relevant departments - Maintenance, Production, R&D/Technical and IT to define the requirements of a project.
- Specify, design, install and commission new equipment as required.
- Write and modify PLC programs accordingly.
- Maintain existing and introduce new equipment onto the Scada system.
- Provide and maintain detailed electrical drawings and schematics
- For modifications to existing procedures and equipment, liaise with the relevant department to agree what the problems are and work towards solving them.
- Manage projects within specification, on time within budget and in compliance with health and safety and quality guidelines.
- Carry out other duties as required including energy related projects or tasks, based on operational requirements.
The successful candidate must have a third level qualification (Level 8) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification with relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
He / She must have demonstrated previous experience working with PLCs (Mitsubishi and/or Siemens), HMIs and SCADA or Production Management Systems.
The individual appointed must have the capability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously while being able to adapt to changing demands.
The individual must be self-driven and able to work independently on projects while working concurrently with all departments, level of employees and external stakeholders.
A Project Management certification (PMP qualification) is an advantage in this role.
There is a requirement to be highly proficient in PC applications, possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of technical, electrical drawings and specifications. Attention to detail is very important.
Having a working knowledge and experience in the principles of Lean Six Sigma would be an advantage however full training will be provided in this area.
While travel will be limited with this role there may be a requirement to travel to other IVL companies and equipment suppliers from time to time.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a highly successful company.
For more information apply now.