Control & Automation Engineer
The candidate will work as part of the Maintenance Service Centre Engineering team and hold the responsibility for the design and installation of robust & world class automation systems, supporting the continued and sustained development and improvement of operating systems and production equipment.
Collaborating with the with Maintenance, Production, R&D/Technical and the IT department has the responsibility for the identification of automated process improvements across the production process, seeking solutions and designing, assisting with the installation and commissioning automated systems in accordance with the specifications.
The candidate will be responsible for
- Working on site Automation systems and continuous improvement initiatives to identify
- Liaise with relevant departments - Maintenance, Production, R&D/Technical and IT to define the requirements of a project.
- Specify, design, install and commission new equipment as required.
- Write and modify PLC programs accordingly.
- Maintain existing and introduce new equipment onto the Scada system.
- Provide and maintain detailed electrical drawings and schematics
- For modifications to existing procedures and equipment, liaise with the relevant department to agree what the problems are and work towards solving them.
- Manage projects within specification, on time within budget and in compliance with health and safety and quality guidelines.
- Carry out other duties as required including energy related projects or tasks, based on operational requirements.
Requirements for the role
- Should hold a third level qualification (Level 8) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification with at least 3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have the ability to demonstrate previous experience working with PLCs Mitsubishi and/or Siemens), HMIs and SCADA or Production Management Systems.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while being able to adapt to changing demands.
- A self-starter and self- driven individual who can work independently on projects while working concurrently with all departments, level of employees and external stakeholders.
- A Project Management certification (PMP qualification) is an advantage in this role.
- Highly proficient in PC applications, possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of technical, electrical drawings and specifications. Attention to detail is very important.
- Having a working knowledge and experience in the principles of Lean Six Sigma would be an advantage however full training will be provided in this area.
Travel is limited with this role however, there is a possibility from time to time to travel to other IVL companies and equipment suppliers from time to time.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a highly successful company if you have any interest hit apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org