Cook (Band 2)
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective service:
- Responsible for the preparation, cooking, despatch and serving of all meals, snacks and beverages in all associated areas to the agreed menus and standards.
- Cater for any dietary requirements and special functions as they may arise.
- Utilise staff, materials and equipment in an efficient and effective manner to minimise wastage.
- Report defects in equipment, linen and food commodities and ensure that theses are rectified.
- Be aware and observe Health and Safety regulations and all other appropriate legislation.
- Ensure the proper use and handling of the equipment.
- Ensure the correct cleaning, washing up and storage of crockery, equipment and other associated utensils within the department.
- Maintain records e.g. number of meals served, cash control, free meals issued, production records, stock control sheets, temperature control sheets.
- Ensure the food is cooked and stored in hygienic conditions.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- Ensure a high standard of personal and hygienic practices.
- Comply with the healthy eating policy and ensure that healthy eating is promoted at all times.
- Control, rotate, issue and monitor stock.
- Order and check and record food supplies to ensure procedures are adhered to at all times in relation to quantity and quality control.
- Minimise waste throughout the food preparation process.
- Participate in the pursuit of continuous quality improvements.
- Contribute ideas on menus, functions and the catering services in general.
Hours of work: 9.15-5.15pm/ 5 day shifts out of 7 alternate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Food safety level 2
- Rates of pay £9.21 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.