Corporate Communications Manager
Communications Manager - Public Sector
At Staffline Reruitment we currently have an opportunity available for a Corporate Communications Manager to take up a 12 month contract with our client, a Public Sector body head quartered in Dublin City Centre.
The purpose of this role will be to lead a dynamic and diverse communications function that delivers efficient and effective communications supports both internally and externally. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Communications Manager is responsible for managing companywide communications, public relations and social media. Working closely with the Executive Management Team and the Communications Unit, they will promote the organisation's reputation for high quality services, meeting Government and community needs.
The Corporate Communications Manager will work across a range of company initiatives with duties incorporating public relations, digital communications and public affairs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the communications team which has responsibility for delivering all internal and external communications activities across the organisation
- Implement and drive an internal communications strategy for promoting greater staff communications and
- Develop and implement the company communications strategy, in line with the organisations' strategic
- Implement and manage the company social media
- Develop relationships with media and manage all media queries
- Develop and implement a number of communications
- Provide communications advice and support to the Executive Management
- Work closely with programme teams within to develop communications strategies to support individual programme requirements.
- Draft content suitable for all communication platforms, including web, briefing documents and
- Recommend strategies and prepare materials for issues/crisis management
- Team management, performance/staff management and development.
- Manage the remit of the Communications Unit to ensure a sustainable caseload for both the unit and individual officers of the unit.
- Draft responses to parliamentary, government and other consultations.
- Represent the organisation at relevant stakeholder
- Source and engage relevant
- Manage budget.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with best practice, are well documented and communicated to others
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification (e.g. Degree or Masters), or equivalent
- gained in Public Relations, Communications or near related field is essential
- At least 5 years' experience of working in a busy Public Relations or Communications
- Experience in internal communications and specifically organisation engagement and change
- Experience in developing and implementing external communications programmes.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly to a range of stakeholders.
- A very strong understanding, experience of and commitment to social inclusion issues and the contribution of the community and voluntary sector to local development, inclusion, equality and
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Irish political
- A strong understanding of public accountability requirements
This position needs to be filled urgently by this organisation and immediate phone / SKYPE interviews will be held for suitable applicants. Remote working will be accommodated for the successful candidate in the short term.
This contract will be offered on a salary scale starting at €54,612 - €75,593 depending on relevant experience.
To be considered, please send an up to date version of your cv to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link