Corporate Governance & Business Planning Manager
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Corporate Governance & Business Planning Manager to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.70pr hour
13+ week's £17.77pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
The Governance and Business Planning Officer will work directly to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services. They will deliver an effective and efficient day to day business assurance service including the provision of business planning, performance management, risk management, business improvement, audit, assurance and governance support and advice. They will contribute to providing an excellent governance framework across the organisation. Duties will include:
- Experience in the Business Planning process in a small/medium sized organisation in terms of objective setting, targets, KPIs etc..
- Experience in co-ordinating and facilitating this process with Board and staff probably through workshops.
- Experience in drafting Business Plans.
- Experience in setting up Corporate Governance processes to provide assurance that the organisation is adhering to Policies, procedures, delegated authorisations, completion of Business Cases, Procurement rules, MPMNI, Department of Finance requirements etc..
- Experience in Risk Management
- Experience in facilitating and tracking the recommendations in relation to Internal and External Audit assignments
Maintain a policy and framework for risk management and ensure the accuracy of the information contained therein;
· Update and disseminate to staff and Commissioners NIJAC Corporate Governance policies including Fraud Prevention and Fraud Response Policy and Whistleblowing Policy;
· Ensure NIJAC is adhering to the Financial delegations laid out in the Partnership Agreement with TEO;
· Maintain a record of external approvals being sought for Business Cases, consultancy, pay remit, monitoring rounds, write-offs etc..
· Disseminate and ensure organisational compliance with directions and guidance from TEO, DoF and NIAO including amendments to MPMNI and FReM;
· Ensure NIJAC Business Case, procurement, contract and approvals processes are being adhered to;
· Co-ordinate with the Internal Auditor on the Annual Audit Plans, Terms of Reference, planning and reporting on assignments;
· Review with External Auditors the Audit Strategy and Plan;
· Prepare and submit the Quarterly Assurance and Quarterly Performance Reports to TEO;
· Draft the Annual Assurance Statement for the Annual Report and Accounts;
· Support the Director in the implementation and tracking of internal and external audit recommendations;
· Review and disseminate to staff and Commissioners the NIJAC FOI Procedures and Guidance;
· Ensure FOI and AQs are dealt with to the required deadlines and maintain relevant registers;
· Update and maintain the NIJAC Register of Interests and Gifts and Hospitality Register;
· Provide advice & guidance and assist in replying to queries on all matters in relation to governance.
Business Planning and Organisational Performance
· Take the lead in the production and publication of 2020-21 Business Plan;
· Apply and maintain a comprehensive framework for planning and performance management;
· Monitor and report on NIJAC's performance against Business Plan objectives;
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**