Corporate Health and Safety (COVID) Advisor
Temporary Health and Safety (Covid-19) Advisor required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £14.83 per hour
Location: 9 Adelaide, Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 months pending review
- To provide professional technical advice, guidance, training and support as requested to all levels of the organisation and external partner organisations, on the interpretation and application of Covid 19 related legislation and guidance as it applies to employees, functions and buildings
- To provide professional technical advice and support as requested on Covid 19 risk assessments which are required by the employer and external partner organisations
- To undertake Covid 19 health and safety compliance audits and inspections within and external partner organisations to monitor compliance with the Covid 19 related corporate health and safety strategy, policy and procedure, legislation and best practice, ensuring that the outcome of all reviews are documented in accordance with unit procedures and that where non-compliances are identified, timely corrective actions are recommended, and implementation progress monitored
- To assist with the preparation of continuous improvements and developments to the corporate Covid 19 related health and safety policy and procedure
- To assist with the investigation and response to any Covid 19 related complaints or requests for information received by the unit in accordance with procedures
- To maintain a comprehensive record of all activities undertaken and recommendations issued on the unit's electronic information management systems ensuring the accuracy and quality of all data entered onto and reported from the systems
- To proactively engage with staff, management, elected members, trade unions, health and safety committees, external partner organisations, external statutory agencies, relevant external organisations and health and safety professionals on Covid 19 related matters, to ensure the effective delivery of the corporate health and safety service and strategy, promote a positive health and safety culture
- To collate, analyse and prepare accurate and timely reports and statistical information to enable effective health and safety performance monitoring and reporting to management
- To keep-up-to date with professional, technical and legislative developments pertaining to Covid 19 related workplace safety making recommendations accordingly to unit management, ensuring that all recommendations and decision making are informed by quality research, information, statistics and benchmarking
- To comply with relevant professional standards and maintain professional competence
- To recommend, where appropriate, the immediate suspension of any task or activity that is likely to result in injury or to place the council at risk of prosecution or liability (this includes work undertaken by third parties on behalf of the council).
- To participate in corporate working and cross-departmental performance improvement working teams as required.
- To assist with the management and monitoring of the Corporate Health and Safety Unit resources and contracts in accordance with the council's policies and procedures to support the delivery of the corporate health and safety strategy, policy and procedure
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (level 3), or an equivalent health and safety qualification
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at least twoyears' relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- providing advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of legislation;
- conducting compliance audits and inspections; and
- maintaining relevant electronic information management systems and collating, analysing and preparing information reports for senior management to ensure effective performance management
- Full, current driving licence which enables the postholder to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a car
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.