Main Duties & Responsibilities
This role is to develop solutions and provide support to other team members and curriculum staff. The main duties and responsibilities include:
- To deliver outstanding customer service by supporting staff in the production of innovative learning resources and assisting in the review and testing of learning technologies.
- To identify where staff require instructional design support and liaise with the Learning Technology Manager and Creative Learning Manager to provide the necessary training.
- To work with teaching staff in the design and development of interactive learning resources which meet specified learning objectives.
- To advise staff on how technology can be used to improve the accessibility of teaching and learning resources.
- To provide end-user support for learning technologies and identify common issues and make recommendations for how these could be addressed through guidance or training.
- To assist in the maintenance of Canvas, the College's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and other learning technology systems including video and e-portfolio platforms.
- To assist in the integration of Canvas with the College's new Learning Management System (LMS), providing training and support for staff where necessary.
- To design and deliver professional development sessions and facilitate training workshops, webinars and drop-in sessions for staff on specific issues or how to use specific technologies.
- To design, develop and maintain training resources and user guides in a variety of formats including online training and screencasts.
- To supervise placement students, providing training and quality assuring content they produce.
- To design training resources and deliver workshops for students on learning technologies including Canvas and e-portfolios.
- To monitor the usage of Canvas and other learning technology systems.
- To provide administrative support to the Innovative Learning & Digital Transformation Team including the analysis of data and production of reports.
- To review and report on innovative learning technologies including game-based learning and virtual/augmented reality (VR/AR).
- To engage with external organisations, such as Jisc and ALT, to stay informed of developments in learning technology and promote the work of the Innovative Learning & Digital Transformation Team both inside and outside the College.
Undergraduate degree in Computing / IT or a relevant subject with a significant Computing / IT component.
ECDL or equivalent IT qualification.
A minimum of one year's experience of working in a digital learning role to include:
- Experience of using and working with a major Virtual Learning Environment such as Canvas, Moodle or Blackboard.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office.
- Experience of using multimedia tools to create videos, screencasts and animations.
- Experience of delivering training in learning technologies and providing technical support.
- Experience of using SharePoint or Teams.
- Experience of creating interactive training resources using Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline.