Credit Control Administrator
We are recruiting for a Credit Control Administrator to join the finance department for one of our clients based in Ballymena on a full time permanent basis. You will ensure collection of outstanding business debts within agreed credit terms to minimise bad debt and maintain customer satisfaction through effective account management. You will also be responsible for reconciling customer payments, preparing bank lodgements and processing customer account applications.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments for the company
- Promptly and effectively resolve issues both internally and externally for the company, this includes providing copied of invoices and POD's, issuing credit notes and taking accounts off hold.
- Agree credit account applications - run credit checks where necessary
- Process customer credit card payments
- Bank and credit card postings and reconciliations in conjunction with sales ledger
- Resolve issues with short payments and customer remittances
- Prepare bank lodgements
- Credit control of company accounts - includes processing pro-forma invoices / pre-dispatch payments/ final payments
- Complete monthly EC Sales including VAT number checks
- Complete monthly Intrastat returns
- Regularly liase with sales team regarding the status of customer accounts
- Provide holiday cover within the finance department as and when required
- Reconcile inter- company customer payments
- General phone calls
- A minimum of 1 year's experience working within a similar role and completing financial duties
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent
- Confident, professional and assertive manner (both telephone & face to face).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Can demonstrate ability to build strong relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail/accuracy levels.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Strong computer skills (preferably Microsoft packages specifically Excel).
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm
- Competitive salary
- Car parking on site
- 29 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Early finish every other Friday for office staff
Job Type: Full time Permanent