Temporary Crematorium Technician required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday - Saturday)
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To carry out duties to ensure the smooth processing of the funeral from reception of the body, through the service for the dead, to the cremation of the body
- To cooperate with the Senior Crematorium Technician in the compilation of work schedules and report any requests for alterations to the same to the Senior Crematorium Technician
- To clean the chapel, waiting rooms, entrance hall and other ancillary rooms
- To check the daily list of services and ensure that the chapel is prepared according to the type of service that will be conducted
- On the arrival of the cortege at the crematorium, to show the family mourners to their seats in the chapel and assist as required with the transfer of the coffin from the hearse to the catafalque
- To check the name of the coffin plate against that on his or her sheet, to ensure the correct coffin has arrived, before the coffin enters the Crematorium
- To operate and coordinate different music formats to meet the requirements of both the minister and family representatives during the funeral service
- To clean the Book of Remembrance Room on a daily basis and every morning turn the page in the book
- To ensure safe operation and routine maintenance of reducing machine and miscellaneous equipment
- To store ashes prior to disposal, to check ashes for final disposal, to pack ashes for dispatch and to remove metal objects from cremated remains
- To participate in customer care training, in particular with regard to bereavement services
- To be available for emergency cover as required
- To participate in team-building training as required
- At least one year relevant experience in working in an environment which deals with bereavement issues and providing advice/support to customers in a sympathetic and sensitive manner
- One year relevant experience in undertaking administrative duties within a business environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.