Curatorial E - Archaeologist (HED)
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary 6 x Curatorial E (archaeologists) to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Month's (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.50pr hour
13+ week's £16.18pr hour
Location: Belfast (various)
Hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
Degree in Archaeology or related subject or a post graduate qualification in archaeology
It would be beneficial if candidates can demonstrate 2 years post graduate experience of working in archaeology. This includes, but is not limited to:
- A knowledge of the relevant legislation and policy for the recording, protection, management and conservation of archaeological sites and monuments in NI
- Previous experience of working with historic monuments which are designated for protection (i.e. State Care or scheduled sites) and / or related statutory consents
- Previous experience of archaeological excavation, including having held excavation licences
- Experience of providing advice in relation to the management of heritage assets
Experience of providing archaeological development management advice and undertaking casework relating to the appropriate management of archaeological sites and monuments in the planning process in Northern Ireland, including familiarity with relevant planning policies and practice.
- Experience of using the Historic Environment Record of Northern Ireland (HERoNI) for research purposes and working with the related catalogues and databases
- Database and / or GIS experience
- Experience in working with archaeological artefacts and archives deriving from excavations
These are temporary Curatorial E Archaeologist posts within the Historic Environment Division. The posts will cover a range of archaeological duties, working as part of a team, and providing support to the Senior Archaeologist
- providing professional advice to deliver appropriate identification, management, protection, conservation and presentation of archaeological sites and monuments, including those which are in State Care or Scheduled;
- issuing and monitoring compliance with licences and any other consents in respect of archaeological sites and monuments;
- Providing professional advice in response to requests and consultations relating to the appropriate management of heritage assets, for example from other Government departments, Councils or other bodies
- Supporting the Senior Archaeologist in delivering HED's role as a statutory planning consultee and providing expert archaeological development management advice.
- Contributing to the review, management, maintenance, augmentation and updating of the Historic Environment archives and records, including the digital datasets
- Contributing to the management and maintenance of the HED artefact collections
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**