Customer Advisor (Inbound)
Belfast - Airport Road
£37 hours per week
£15,796 + Benefits
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a permanent Customer Advisor with one of the largest gas distributors in Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will be the primary contact for inbound customer contacts in respect of gas emergencies, connection sales opportunities, job updates and other business-related enquiries.
- Handle effectively a variety of incoming telephone calls providing an efficient and effective service to existing and potential customers in a challenging and target driven environment.
- Respond to telephone queries raised by customers, following defined business processes, delivering customer service requests and initiating remedial action in respect of complaints and reported gas emergencies.
- Updating connection, metering and service information on company systems following incoming calls from 'operational field operatives. Able to interpret and translate technical information to ensure that the appropriate responses and data capture requirements are initiated.
- Promoting connection and service sales opportunities achieving personal and team targets for profitable business generation. Including planning appliance repairs/servicing, service work requests and initial gas service connections utilising the diary and resource planning system and processes.
- General administrative tasks, recording customer complaints and data inputting of sales call reports, service work documentation, completed meter/ service job documents and installer management information. Preparation and follow up of promotional mailings.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of company systems and processes with the ability to effectively comply with their requirements.
- Contribute to the achievement of Phoenix Natural Gas corporate goals and objectives with particular emphasis on delivering customer service standards through personal behaviour and a positive attitude.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
The successful candidate must be available to work one night per week to 7pm between Monday and Thursday.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years' experience within a customer services environment dealing with high volume telephone enquiries and/or telephone selling
- Relevant administrative experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision
- Ability to multitask various activities
- Polite & friendly telephone manner
- Experience of managing a diary system
- Experience of updating high levels of data on a computer system
- Experience of complaint handling
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria for this role please attach your CV for the attention of Leah McPeake.