Customer Advisor (Contact Centre)
Customer Advisor (Contact Centre)
To be the primary contact for inbound customer contacts in respect of gas emergencies, scheduling energy advisor appointments, job updates and other business-related enquiries.
The job holder will be responsible for recording customer and job request details on company systems and initiating appropriate responses, in line with defined business processes to deliver excellent customer service, paying particular attention to safety, sales and standards of service requirements.
Provision of general administrative support including the planning of asset maintenance programmes, documentation verification, and data input.
Highly proficient in data entry and assisting with administration tasks.
- Handle effectively a variety of incoming telephone calls providing an efficient and effective service to existing and potential customers.
- Respond to telephone queries raised by customers, following defined business processes, delivering customer service requests and initiating remedial action in respect of complaints and reported gas emergencies.
- The direct dispatch of emergency and non-emergency jobs to contractors, engineering staff and construction teams using voice and electronic communications.
- Updating connection, metering and service information on company systems following incoming calls from 'operational field operatives. Able to interpret and translate technical information to ensure that the appropriate responses and data capture requirements are initiated.
- Assist in the administration and planning of asset maintenance work and gas service connections to the Phoenix Natural Gas Network, utilising diary and resource planning systems.
- General administrative tasks, recording customer complaints, booking energy advisor appointments for customers enquiring about connecting to natural gas, and data inputting of completed appointments, service work documentation, completed meter/ service job documents and incentive management information.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of company systems and processes with the ability to effectively comply with their requirements.
- Contribute to the achievement of Phoenix Natural Gas corporate goals and objectives with particular emphasis on delivering customer service standards through personal behaviour and a positive attitude.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives. Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grade C or above including Maths and English.
- At least one years' relevant experience working within a customer service environment and dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Relevant administrative experience.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative without supervision.
- Ability to multitask various activities.
- Excellent communication skills including a polite & friendly telephone manner.
- 1 years' experience working within a contact centre dealing with high volume telephone enquiries.
- Experience of managing a diary system.
- Experience of updating high levels of data on a computer system.
- Experience of complaint handling.