Customer Advisor (Inbound Team)
Customer Advisor (Inbound Team)
To be the primary contact for inbound customer contacts in respect of gas emergencies, connection sales opportunities, job updates and other business-related enquiries.
The job holder will be responsible for recording customer and job request details on company systems and initiating appropriate responses, in line with defined business processes to deliver excellent customer service, paying particular attention to safety, sales and service requirements and standards.
- Handle effectively a variety of incoming telephone calls providing an efficient and effective service to existing and potential customers in a challenging and target driven environment.
- Respond to telephone queries raised by customers, following defined business processes, delivering customer service requests and initiating remedial action in respect of complaints and reported gas emergencies.
- Updating connection, metering and service information on company systems following incoming calls from 'operational field operatives. Able to interpret and translate technical information to ensure that the appropriate responses and data capture requirements are initiated.
- Promoting connection and service sales opportunities achieving personal and team targets for profitable business generation.
- Including planning appliance repairs/servicing, service work requests and initial gas service connections utilising the diary and resource planning system and processes.
- General administrative tasks, recording customer complaints and data inputting of sales call reports, service work documentation, completed meter/ service job documents and installer management information.
- Preparation and follow up of promotional mailings.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of company systems and processes with the ability to effectively comply with their requirements.
- Contribute to the achievement of corporate goals and objectives with particular emphasis on delivering customer service standards through personal behaviour and a positive attitude.
- Administration and planning of gas connections to the network.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grade C or above including Maths and English.
- At least one years' experience working within a contact centre and dealing with high volume telephone enquiries and/or telephone selling.
- Relevant administrative experience.
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative without supervision.
- Ability to multitask various activities.
- Excellent communication skills including a polite & friendly telephone manner
- Experience of managing a diary system.
- Experience of updating high levels of data on a computer system.
- Experience of complaint handling.