Customer Service Assistant - x 2 posts
We are recruiting for two Customer Service Assistants to join the team of one of our clients branches based in Derry. The client is a building society which provides member services to savers and homeowners in Northern Ireland. It raises and lends funds to its members, as well as provides competitive investment and mortgage products.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Act as a first point of contact, offering a professional service to members in a manner that reflects the Society's Values
- Build relationships with the members
- Help and support customers by providing information on the company products and maintain knowledge of the products
- Carry out a range of daily branch tasks including those for start of day, till operations, account/ miscellaneous transactions, till balancing, nominal receipts and withdrawals processing and end of day
- Carry out a range of investment tasks in relation to account opening, passbooks, investment receipts and withdrawals, account closure and account amendments.
- 6 GCSE's passes (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including English and Maths
- Applicants should have at least 2 continuous years' work experience in a customer- facing role
- Minimum 2 years' cash handling experience
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication & numeracy skills
- A positive attitude to customer service
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude to work
- Highly organised with the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Mortgage Administration experience within the financial services industry
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm plus a Saturday morning (0930 to 12.00 noon) on a rota basis which attracts a generous allowance. (please note that the client are currently not operating on a Saturday rota on a temporary basis)
- You should be flexible with regards to hours worked, should the Society decide in the future to introduce changes to working patterns to accommodate changing customer needs.
- Negotiable depending on experience
Please note as part of the hiring process for this company, credit checks and criminal record checks will be carried out.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.