Customer Service Assistant - Ballymena
We are recruiting for a Customer Service Assistant to join the team of one of our clients branches based in Ballymena. The client is a leading local Financial institution with a proud reputation for customer service excellence. Their purpose is to encourage local people to save and become homeowners, through our personal, caring and common-sense approach, essentially nurturing financial wellbeing for current and future generations.
We are looking for an individual who has excellent administration skills, a positive attitude to customer service and the ability to grow their responsibility as they develop within the role.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Act as a first point of contact, offering a professional service to members in a manner that reflects the Society's Values
- Build relationships with the members
- Help and support customers by providing information on the company products and maintain knowledge of the products
- Carry out a range of daily branch tasks including those for start of day, till operations, account/ miscellaneous transactions, till balancing, nominal receipts and withdrawals processing and end of day
- Carry out a range of investment tasks in relation to account opening, passbooks, investment receipts and withdrawals, account closure and account amendments.
- Deal with general enquiries face to face and over the telephone in a professional manner.
- Maintain knowledge of branch, investment and security procedures
- 6 GCSE's passes (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including English and Maths
- Applicants should have at least 2 years' experience in a customer- facing role with administration duties
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication & Numeracy skills
- A positive attitude to customer service
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- An Enthusiastic and positive attitude to work
- Highly organised with the ability to work quickly and accurately
- Similar experience within the financial services industry
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm plus a Saturday morning (0930 to 12.00 noon) on a rota basis which attracts a generous allowance. (please note that the client are currently not operating on a Saturday rota on a temporary basis)
- You should be flexible with regards to hours worked, should the Society decide in the future to introduce changes to working patterns to accommodate changing customer needs.
- Negotiable depending on experience
Please note as part of the hiring process for this company, credit checks and criminal record checks will be carried out.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.