Customer Service Officer
Temporary Customer Service Officer required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £12.73 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 20 hour contract and 37.5 hour contract available
Duration: 3 months pending review
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of first class customer service, ensuring that written operational and billing customer contacts & complaints are investigated, case-managed, fully-resolved and responded to in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- The investigation, end-to-end case-management and response to:
- written complaints
- mail addressed to the CEO/Directors
- mail from Elected Representatives
- contacts/complaints from The Consumer Council sent on behalf of customers.
- Response to all other written contacts with the exception of regular billing enquiries
- Plan effectively, coordinate and schedule own caseloads on a daily and weekly basis to optimise achievement of service levels and achievement of internal and external targets
- Interrogate client CRM and RapidXtra to review customer contact history and billing standing data
- Bill correction / changes to standing data in line within the limits permitted in the Financial Delegations and consistent with company policy
- Represent client in direct contact with customers and key stakeholders such as Elected Representatives & The Consumer Council
- Work collaboratively with CSC, CRC and Production Lines colleagues, sharing information and communicating effectively to optimise service delivery for our customers
- Engage with the CEO and Directors' offices in respect to responses requiring senior management sign-off
- Challenge current processes and assertively question the appropriateness of response to customer issues from around the business
- Identify and recommend more efficient ways to deliver a quality customer service, contributing to an ethos of continuous improvement
- Establish and maintain rapport with customers - listen to, analyse and translate customer feedback into service improvement initiatives
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's Grade C or above, to include English and Maths, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in a Customer Service/Contact Centre role where both verbal and written response to customer contacts/complaints is the primary output.
- Evidence of having worked to meet qualitative and quantitative performance targets.
- Demonstrable experience of MS Office applications including MS Excel, Word and Outlook
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.