Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Customs Broker on behalf of our client, who delivers large operational and managed service solutions for clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges. Due to the changes posed by Brexit, our client is looking to bring in an experienced Customs Broker as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Directly responsible for the compliant production of UK export declarations, UK import declarations and the preparation and processing of corresponding documentation
- Trouble-shooting, problem solving and proactively managing and helping to develop the compliance of the entire customs process, working with all necessary elements of the business to deliver compliance with the overall objective of achieving 100% compliance for all declarations created
- Ensuring that customers are customs compliant and that documentation received is correct
- Speaking to customers proactively, to assist them with their queries, sharing knowledge and expertise and instilling customer confidence
- Consult with HMRC Agents to ease passage of goods through the Import and Export processes, when required
- Working with the team daily to ensure all tasks are completed to satisfaction and on time
- Ensuring the relevant branch personnel are adhering to the prescribed process and are performing the task to the highest level of compliance
- Be involved in the initial training of new agents and their ongoing development
- Any other duties role may involve
- Previous operational customs experience, processing declarations into CHIEF, ideally at supervisory level, in a freight forwarding, customs broker, customs agency or a customs department is essential
- Excellent practical knowledge of customs processes and regimes at an operational level
- People person, who can clearly communicate, verbally and in writing
- Has the ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of key principles for the role e.g. import/export procedures, tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes (for example, CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar)
- Works effectively as part of a team, with a strong ethic to support and help in order to achieve team objectives as well as individual role objectives
- Good analytical skills, commercial aptitude and professionally sceptical mindset (ability to identify issues, understand complex problems, draw sound conclusions)
- A strong desire to learn, a willingness to share knowledge and a strong team ethic
- The ability to coach and develop others
- Enthusiastic, diligent and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment
- A proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
The successful Customs Broker will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Customs Broker role can be based remotely from home or in office in Belfast, Manchester or London.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.