Cyber Security Analyst (Immediate Start)
Role: CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
Salary: £35000 - £45000 Depending on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst role for a Belfast based company.
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
* Analyse data, perform research, and verify information for potential misconduct or abnormal behaviour.
* Analyse data feeds for event detection, and perform correlation analysis on data from multiple monitoring sources.
* Respond to cybersecurity events and incidents caused by internal and external threats to our clients, coordinate response activities with various stakeholders for confirmed incidents, and recommend mitigation strategies. This can involve non-traditional working hours.
* Proactively hunt for adversaries on customer networks utilizing a variety of tools and techniques
* Triage emerging threats to protect assets and information in client environments.
* Produce forensic imaging and coordinate evidence collection for investigations.
* Utilize data mining tools to collect, search, sort, and organize large amounts of information.
* Research, address, and resolve data loss prevention (DLP), virus alerts, and other security-related events.
* Partner with cross-functional technical teams to share expertise, research threats, and implement solutions.
* Produce reports, communications, e-blasts and other forms of communication that may be both internal and client facing, to include leadership and executive management.
* Draft root cause analysis reports and recommendations after cybersecurity incidents.
* Identify risk areas that will require vulnerability prevention
* Stay current with Security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
* Understanding of IT operations: help desk, end-point management and server management
* 1-3 years of hands-on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDP/IDS, FW and AV
* Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer's business
* Experience with forensics, firewalls, proxies, incident response, and information security frameworks.
* Familiarity with configuring and executing vulnerability scans, leveraging tools such as Nessus and Qualys.
* Experience with system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
* Strong understanding of network and web-related protocols, operating system security, common attack patterns, and exploitation techniques.
* Experience performing log analysis of Windows event logs, Apache, IIS, SQL, and firewall logs leveraging SIEM platforms.
* Working UNIX/Linux knowledge
* Scripting ability in Python is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
* Experience supporting clients and serving as a technical advisor.
* Strong analytic, qualitative, and quantitative reasoning skills.
* Knowledge of commercial and federal cybersecurity best practices preferred.
* Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment requiring flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and needs.
BS/BA in Information Security, Computer Science or related engineering discipline, preferred.
1-3 years' experience in technology (security, networking, systems
Financial services industry experience is a plus
Certifications or work toward any of the following is strongly desired:
* GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
* GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
* GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
* GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
* GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Industry/product specific such as EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
£35-45 *Based on experience*
Plus package (medical, pension, phone and laptop)
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.