Data GIS Support
Staffline Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide.
We have a client with an immediate business need for specialist support in data analysis and particularly for data science/GIS expertise for a period of up to 9 months.
Requirement / Business needs
Specific tasks for the role will include:
1. Updating and expansion of the wind database and maps
2. Work with GIS consultants to develop an Irish Solar Atlas and Calculator, using aerial survey data
3. Disaggregation of energy use by county, region, urban areas
4. Disaggregation of industry energy into end-uses
5. Expanding on existing datamining of the Building Energy Rating database
6. Identifying geographic areas with the highest potential to drive additional retrofits from community based social marketing
Specification of the support role
Provide a GIS and sectoral analysis service within the Data and Insights team. Gather, organise and analyse data on energy, energy prices and other factors influencing energy use. Create business information tools for internal use, using tools such as PowerBI, to allow for spatial targeting of marketing efforts.
* Assist in the development and management of relationships with key data sources and institutions.
* Gather, assemble and process data to populate databases and disseminate results.
* Develop, build and maintain GIS mapping systems representing locational profile of energy production and use.
* Generate and publish reports / mapping outputs as required to meet the needs of bodies such as the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment, Environment Protection Agency, Eurostat and the International Energy Agency.
* Expanding on existing datamining of the Building Energy Rating database
* Support the maintenance and development of the statistics website, including updating of webpages and of the energy data portal.
* Provide support as required on a range of projects to develop new data, analysis and insights on energy use in different sectors.
* Create business information tools for internal use, using tools such as PowerBI, to allow for spatial targeting of marketing efforts.
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The knowledge and skills required by Programme Executive - Data/GIS Support include but are not limited to the following:
* Knowledge and experience of database design, maintenance, querying and report generation a distinct advantage (good working knowledge of SQL essential).
* Knowledge and experience of GIS and mapping systems, in particular the ArcGIS platform.
* A proactive approach in objective setting, project tracking and driving for timeliness, quality and clarity of results and to operate with little guidance on project deliverables.
* An appreciation of the need for best practice in data gathering, processing, analysis and presentation and an appreciation of statistical methods.
* Ability to identify changes required in order to increase efficiencies in data management
* Excellent technical ability in terms of information management and report writing skills coupled with an understanding of the need for accuracy and rigour in data collection and management.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills in addition to good organisational skills.
* Ability to work effectively and flexibly within a small team responding to needs as they arise.
* Web publishing skills would also be an advantage.
* Knowledge of PowerBI would be an advantage
* Knowledge of the statistical programming language R would be an advantage
The successful candidate must possess on the latest date for receipt of application:
* Degree and or equivalent professional qualification in computer science, information technology or statistics is essential.
* Experience in designing and developing GIS map viewers and/or working with GIS consultants for same
* Significant experience of managing large scale complex databases requiring best in class expertise and state of the art methodologies.
* Good working knowledge of SQL
* Successful track record of analysing substantial and multi-faceted data and creating clear and concise reports applicable to a wide range of stakeholders
* Successful track record in building and maintaining good relationships with external clients.
Annual Leave: 29 days working days per annum pro-rata (ex Public Holidays).
Hours of Attendance: 37hours (net of rest breaks) per week.
Tenure: Temporary agency Contract term of 9 months.
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Sinead Healy at our Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.