Data Migration Specialist
Data Migration Specialist
Location - Derry/Londonderry
Salary: Highly Competitive
Staffline Recruitment has been retained to recruit a IT Data Migration Lead based in Derry/Londonderry.
- Conducts on site analysis of Client legacy systems and databases with the goal of participating in/producing the initial Data Mapping for the Extract process.
- Working closely with client end users to find where data is stored in a database if client does not have intimate knowledge of database.
- Define data integrity, business rules and cleansing requirements for the Transform process.
- Tests all conversion programs in succession to identify programmatic dependencies.
- Executes onsite conversion and migration tests to obtain program run times, derive database sizing estimates, and uncover software / hardware / environment constraints.
- Creates data verification plans to be used following trial runs at the client site.
- Participation in the development and preparation of documentation for procedural, program and user documentation.
- Conducts data conversion and migration training and works with users to ensure successful system implementation.
- Work with the project team(s) and any other associated business functions to efficiently troubleshoot problems pre/post planned go-live dates.
- Support and lead the definition and implementation of Data Migration and Archiving Strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- A thorough understanding and experience with the entire data migration process from analysis of legacy data, cleansing, validation, transformation business rules, conversions and subsequent load into target databases.
- 5+ years' experience in Data migration and conversions on application implementation projects.
- 3+ years' experience with data migration for SAP implementations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jamie at Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org at Staffline Recruitment OR call him on 02890323333
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland